• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Realistic STA-2100 (ReCap)

Hi Guys,
I like the STA 2100 very much and I am planning to get one but I have a big doubt that maybe you can help me with: is it possible to have it running on Ac 220v without a transformer, just changing something on the power suply board??
No. you would require a step down transformer or just use 1 leg of the 220.
 
No. you would require a step down transformer or just use 1 leg of the 220.

Many tks for your reply, then I think that the step down transformer will be the only choice as I don' t see how I can only use one leg of the 220v ac power;
as in the receiver it is stated 120v 600w I must find a transformer within this values correct?
 
Many tks for your reply, then I think that the step down transformer will be the only choice as I don' t see how I can only use one leg of the 220v ac power;
as in the receiver it is stated 120v 600w I must find a transformer within this values correct?
I would go 900W. A 600W would be on the razor's edge of maximum.
 
I would go 900W. A 600W would be on the razor's edge of maximum.
Many tks for your reply, then I think that the step down transformer will be the only choice as I don' t see how I can only use one leg of the 220v ac power;
as in the receiver it is stated 120v 600w I must find a transformer within this values correct?
Many tks for your reply, then I think that the step down transformer will be the only choice as I don' t see how I can only use one leg of the 220v ac power;
as in the receiver it is stated 120v 600w I must find a transformer within this values correct?
Your wall plug, if 220, would have 110 on each leg, you could use one side and the ground. This would satisfy the voltage requirement and wattage. What is your frequency on the 220? Here in the USA it is 60 hertz. You can only use 59 to 61
 
Your wall plug, if 220, would have 110 on each leg, you could use one side and the ground. This would satisfy the voltage requirement and wattage. What is your frequency on the 220? Here in the USA it is 60 hertz. You can only use 59 to 61
You could take a three wire plug and just cut off one side. Then you could take the cord from the receiver and attach it to the ground and one side. this would be very easy to do.
 
You could take a three wire plug and just cut off one side. Then you could take the cord from the receiver and attach it to the ground and one side. this would be very easy to do.
Where are you from? In Europe, you have a "hot" (220v) and a Neutral, plus a ground. There is no 110v/120v anywhere.
 
I didn't see any of amps on the tone/ line stage board. Nice to see all descrete components. I have a couple earlier, mid 70's RS componants that used OP amps.
 
Your wall plug, if 220, would have 110 on each leg, you could use one side and the ground. This would satisfy the voltage requirement and wattage. What is your frequency on the 220? Here in the USA it is 60 hertz. You can only use 59 to 61
In Europe I only have 1 plug 220v + 1 neutral + 1 ground...
 
Some of the earlier OP amp IC's weren't that great sounding. From the pictures it looks like the tone board was built with separate discrete componants. The build quality is pretty good compared to a lot of RS equipment I've worked on.
Ok, I see! TX
 
Back
Top Bottom