• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Realistic STA-2100D Repair and Restoration

Jarbang blocked me too. I've looked at Adam Tara's profile. There's nothing there except for audio posts and pictures. I don't think he's real. I think he's kind of a fool for blocking me. I'm the guy who posted his BBB page all over. He didn't find out about it until somebody told him, then he threatened me with legal action. I called him a gutless little bitch who wouldn't do anything and never heard back. He's a worm.
 
Hello guys -

Same experience over last 6+ months. All the same language and tactics from him as described. I called him today and have now demanded he ship the unit back and will be sending a return ship label tomorrow. I will be contacting all the authorities previously discussed in this thread and filing a credit card dispute if the unit is not returned completely working and completely restored. I will keep you posted.

I have received the unit back. He had had it since the second week of May 2018. It is clear that is was not even unpacked. Yet he told me that he had ordered the parts for restoration and there were other parts still on order for phono stage repair (even though the unit was not unpacked and he had not looked at it yet).

Saturday, December 8, we pulled off the wood case of the Yamaha CA-2010 and verified all original vintage parts and no modifications at all by Jahrgang Audio.
 
Last edited:
I have received the unit back. He had had it since the second week of May 2018. It is clear that is was not even unpacked. Yet he told me that he had ordered the parts for restoration and there were other parts still on order for phono stage repair (even though the unit was not unpacked and he had not looked at it yet).

Saturday, December 8, we pulled off the wood case of the Yamaha CA-2010 and verified all original vintage parts and no modifications at all by Jahrgang Audio.
This is not a surprise to any of us who have dealt with him. Keep the post current for a constant warning.
 
Jarbang blocked me too. I've looked at Adam Tara's profile. There's nothing there except for audio posts and pictures. I don't think he's real. I think he's kind of a fool for blocking me. I'm the guy who posted his BBB page all over. He didn't find out about it until somebody told him, then he threatened me with legal action. I called him a gutless little bitch who wouldn't do anything and never heard back. He's a worm.
Oddly enough about 10 days ago...Adam Tara just said he was done as an ADmin on Vintage-Marantz.com...just like that and poof he was gone...that was very strange indeed...I don't have any proof that Adam and Noah are the same people..what is odd is some comments Adam made prior to his departure...Noah rebuilt my Marantz 2500, the one with the black Oscope and dial bezels if you have seen it..I went thru the same painful process that every else has with Noah(lucky enough to get my unit back)..something that Adam said though on a comment about my 2500 ".We discussed in length the issues that could later arise as the unit Ages and values start to drift." ...so Adam and Noah discussed at length rebuilding my unit?...ok...but knowing Noah, who thinks he is God Almighty when it comes to Audio repair and restoration it seems a bit hard to believe he would consult with anyone about repairing/restoring anyone's equipment...just not part of his personality...and it also makes me scratch my head about Adam...Adam has a boat load of Vintage equipment...and if you have ever read is many posts on Vintage-Marantz.com his extremely technical language is on par with Noah's write ups...if Adam is so friggin smart technically about pretty much anything vintage audio why in the heck would he send his unit out to anyone for repair(i.e. Noah)...with all the money Adam has invested in Vintage Gear why would he not also have is own test bench etc..all very, very strange.
 
I watched his posts and looked at his Facebook page. His page was nothing but posts about Marantz gear. Just like Noah's Facebook, there was nothing about his personal life outside of owning and using audio gear. In other words, it looked fake.
 
"I have received the unit back. He had had it since the second week of May 2018. It is clear that is was not even unpacked. Yet he told me that he had ordered the parts for restoration and there were other parts still on order for phono stage repair (even though the unit was not unpacked and he had not looked at it yet).

Saturday, December 8, we pulled off the wood case of the Yamaha CA-2010 and verified all original vintage parts and no modifications at all by Jahrgang Audio.
"

This is not a surprise to any of us who have dealt with him. Keep the post current for a constant warning.

I am continuing to update this saga. I gathered all my evidence that nothing on my unit was done so as to attempt to get my $525 back. I contacted Square and they said because the transaction was more than 120 days, they could not help me. I then contacted Paypal Mastercard, which is what I used to pay Square, with all of my evidence. After doing the investigation regarding my dispute, they have provided me with a provisional $525 credit to my card. In the meantime, Noah has been charged back $525. He has the opportunity to dispute this but since he provided no documentation to me regarding any work performed, has not responded at all to my emails asking for such, provided no documentation of parts purchased for my unit, and because I have photographic proof that all parts in the unit are the originals, I can't see how he has much of a leg to stand on.
 
Last edited:
When "Jarbang" stiffed me for a couple hundred bucks I resorted to geurrila warfare. I posted his BBB page to some Facebook groups he pumped for business. I'm pretty sure I've cost him way more than a few hundred bucks. One guy created a website that puts the whole story about the guy out there. Just Google Noah's name. It's one of the first things that comes back.
 
I'm convinced that all that gear "adam tara" has in his collection is all of our units.
As soon as I called adam out on Facebook he vanished. I made a post offering 100 dollars to anyone that could prove that they have met Adam. With all those members you would think someone would of wanted to make an easy 100$

This isnt over for me by any means. I'm really close to finding out where he is.
 
I'm convinced that all that gear "adam tara" has in his collection is all of our units.
As soon as I called adam out on Facebook he vanished. I made a post offering 100 dollars to anyone that could prove that they have met Adam. With all those members you would think someone would of wanted to make an easy 100$

This isnt over for me by any means. I'm really close to finding out where he is.
 
Last edited:
Meet with Adam...will never happen...Adam is a ghost...
As a follow about Adam...Adam is real, whether he and Noah are one and the same or whatever I cannot say...if Adam is reading this anywhere here he should I think step up and support himself....provide facts etc so the population who are concerned about this can react or make decisions for themselves without conjecture..
 
As a follow about Adam...Adam is real, whether he and Noah are one and the same or whatever I cannot say...if Adam is reading this anywhere here he should I think step up and support himself....provide facts etc so the population who are concerned about this can react or make decisions for themselves without conjecture..


I call bull **** on that.
Prove he is real.
If you weren't a new member maybe I would believe you.
 
I understand why you would say that...but I spent the money $27.28 to be exact to search..anyone can do that if they wish..I have an email receipt saying so..I took that information and cross referenced it with multiple sources(all which can be found on the internet to verify as much as I could.I also am not(don't take this the wrong way)..hiding behind a pseudonym as I post..my real first name is Webb and I am one of the other Admin's on Vintage-Marantz.com FB site...you can check that out..friend me if you wish and check out my own FB page...Also do note that I said that I don't know whether Adam and Noah are the same people...from everything I researched they are not...are they colluding together...I don't know...the information available does not allow me to draw that conclusion...there is something quite strange going on but I won't judge anyone without concrete proof...I am not supporting Adam per se...he will, if he wants to, have to do that himself if he surfaces...Noah on the otherhand..well he belongs in a court of law with multiple pending law suits, small claims etc...records do not show that he ever "owned" the expensive house in Boulder...but they don't show he didn't rent it either...does anyone who actually got their unit back from Noah while he was in Boulder have copy of the shipping lable showing the 605 Left Fork Road address? If not, I would guess he used that address..because the house was up for sale last summer and the deal closed in June 2018 as a ruse/bragging gig so everyone would think he is a huge success...while he lived somewhere else in the Boulder area and used a FedEx or UPS shipping site for his ship to and from address...I am legally bound to not divulge the specific information I found other than stating what I have...whether you believe or not is up to you...like I said you can spend a few bucks do the research yourself and come to your own conclusion..I will say this..it sure as heck is a mystery...and there are still things about Adam that make me scratch my head, if you do the research which you can there will be a couple of things that will make you scratch your head too...
 
I'll vouch for Webb. I've been a member of that group for several years and he's been an admin there for as long as I've been around there.
 
Allow me to interject a little good news?

Just received my Realistic 2100 in the mail and what a sight! It's been a long time since I've laid eyes on it but I'm sure it'lll be well worth it.
Packing was supurb using thick wall insulation. Unpacking it, well, I forgotten how heavy this receiver is! It's up against some tough competition as I have a recapped Marantz and Sony str 7045. Curious to see how it does. This will be paired to my Klipsch Bells.
Ok carry on.
Cheers
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20190105_111710567.jpg
    IMG_20190105_111710567.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 34
I call bull **** on that.
Prove he is real.
If you weren't a new member maybe I would believe you.
How many of the three units you sent to Noah are now back with you and working as they should. Out of the three I sent him only one worked as it should. I spent $275 additional to have them brought up to working units. I had to add a couple of nuts to the volume and balance pot to secure them on the working unit. As an aside this member actually contacted Noah thru a 3rd party at the Left Fork road location.
 
Resurrecting this thread. I paid Noah $550 to restore my holy grail Kenwood 600. After 5 months, he still has it. After more than a month trying to contact him via emails and phone calls, I started losing my patience and then he finally responded with exactly the same arguments used on other people he's scammed. I demanded photos that show progress, and to my surprise, he sent me photos of my amp exactly in the same condition he's received it 5 months ago. He has not worked on it (though he claims he did a little). He told me he wants to finish the project (the one he never started) and that if I cancel, he won't refund me. I asked him to send the unit back to me and now he's asking me for more money so he can send it back....I found out how big of a crook he is today. My ordeal has just begun. Someone has to stop this guy. By reading this thread and others, I am not alone. ****.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom