• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rebuilding JBL Barzilay cabinet pictorial

We were a Barzilay dealer toward the end of their popularity, when the modular wall units became all the fad. We had been a Bozak dealer and sold tons of Bozak cabinets with 302's a few 305's a fewer 4005's. I still have my Moorish cabinet after 47+ years. Both brands of cabinets were well built, but with the edge going to Barzilay for design and finish, not so much fit, I thought. We use to install Altec Coaxes as a first choice with EV second in Barzilay cabinets. The sound was great and the installations relatively simple. A few had Bozak 302 components. Electronics could have been Japanese Marantz, Fisher, Scott and believe it or not mostly Sherwood, with an occasional Mac MX-110 with MC225 , 240 or Maybe a Mac 1500, 1700, or 1900, MA 5100 or 6100 with tuner. . . Changers were mostly Miracord, Dual, or heaven forbid Garrard. There was the rare Thorens. The main reason I keep my TD125 is that it fits in my cabinet and I have no acoustic feed back issues. A problem I always had with my Td 121. TD 124 in a Barzilay cabinet could be a real challenge, with acoustic feeb back. We placed a few complete AR speakers inside barzilay cabinets and after the second or third time swore we would never do that again.
 
Turned out fantastic DJNagle. I have some long term goals to try something similar, hope to get remotely close to your good work. That is after the outdoor patio, finishing out my audio room (new walls, ceiling, floor, doors, lights, electrical, etc), then the wall units, stereo cab/shelf, etc, etc, etc. Maybe by 2025?
 
Great thread, thanks. I always assumed 'bracing' was a stick going across to the opposite wall rather than a holey panel. I like it!
 
What'd ya do to your TD15H's to need a recone?
.

The holey panel much much stiffer than the stick across.


I got them with one wrong cone and the other one frozen

Just cut as many as possible with at least 3/4" between holes and then router the holes to reduce stress.
 
Back
Top Bottom