• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Recap Questions

Which resistors? R113/114? I can't really tell, but those two look to be at least 1 Watt from here. Without the service manual, it's just guesswork. I would replace them with Metal Oxide and leave them standing up off the board a bit for air to circulate around them. Metal Oxide will withstand more heat than carbon film of the same value.
It doesn't look like digikey actually has any "metal oxide" film resistors with a 1% tolerance for here (unless I'm searching wrong). The ones I'm looking at are "metal film" and not "carbon film" if that makes a difference.


 
It doesn't look like digikey actually has any "metal oxide" film resistors with a 1% tolerance for here (unless I'm searching wrong). The ones I'm looking at are "metal film" and not "carbon film" if that makes a difference.


You don't really need 1% in that small power supply. 5% will do just fine. The originals appear to be 5% anyways.
 
Back
Top Bottom