• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Receiver and Amp nudies! Post them if ya got them!

Harman Kardon Citation XX and XXP
pic024.jpg

pic025.jpg

pic031.jpg

pic030.jpg

pic027.jpg

pic034.jpg
Hello, I am trying to get some information on the XXP to help me get mine up and running. Do you still have yours? Thanks,
 
Here is a Kenwood KT-10 all germanium receiver from 1965. I am purposely keeping this unit as original as possible. Had to change a few of the 44 germanium transistors, but the rest is all original. I might be crazy for keeping it's original caps, but the voltages and output transistor bias is normal but I certainly wouldn't run it unattended for long. It sounds decent and very warm, but not very detailed. Possibly Kenwood's first solid state model.

Enjoy the pictures.


IMG_0295.jpg

A few of the caps are actually cap and resistor combinations. They are shown on the schematic that way.
IMG_0296.jpg


The traces on the boards are really delicate to solder.
IMG_0290.jpg

Those IF cans are really tall.
IMG_0305.jpg

All the tone control components are point to point!
IMG_0291.jpg

RCA jacks that short when unplugged.
IMG_0292.jpg

Beautiful silk-screening on the stereo light board. That 2SC147 on the right side is germanium NPN and runs the #47 stereo light.
IMG_0215.JPG

Layout of the different boards.
IMG_0296id.jpg
 
Here's a clean Sansui 5500 for your viewing pleasure . . . Who doesn't love a huge transformer? This one measured 67 WPC into 8 ohms @ 1kHz, both channels driven. I bit better than the 45 WPC spec.

20251014_154614.jpg

20251011_144754.jpg
 
Advance Paris A12 amplifier:


SMSL SU-1 DAC:


Soundcraftsmen PM-860 power amplifier:


Soundcraftsmen DX-4000 preamp:


Kreall KAV-300i integrated amp:


Luxman RX-103 receiver:


Quad ESL-63 electrostatic speaker:

 
Back
Top Bottom