• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Reciever makes whooshing noise when powered on and off

Ok, higher voltage it is. Seems to be lots available if I turn to that auction site.
 
Better late than never, right :)?
So yesterday I finally got around to replacing the output caps on the r3000.
And behold: the waterfall in the speaker on turning on/off is gone!
Thanks guys for good advice!

Before:
IMG_20200120_185957.jpg

After:
IMG_20200120_192016.jpg
 
Nice. :thumbsup: You can bet your booties those weren't the only caps on their way out though. ;)
Yeah I know. But just wanted to replace these two ruling out other nasty stuff like unobtanium powertransistors and such. Now I think I´ll go for the full monty on a recap :)
 
Yeah I know. But just wanted to replace these two ruling out other nasty stuff like unobtanium powertransistors and such. Now I think I´ll go for the full monty on a recap :)
One word of advice, don't get your capacitors of FleaBay, or use any cheapo off brands. I tried some of the cheapos on some inexpensive gear of my own. The results were less than desirable and ended up yanking them.
 
Back
Top Bottom