• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Recognize this console/cabinet?

pmsummer

simul justus et peccator
The electronic are long gone, but the speakers are still there. The turntable is a Miracord 10, so this was a high-end set-up when new. The speakers may well be good, too.

3m43p83ld5X45S65R2b8101766c94ef7815c1.jpg


3n33kd3m35Y15T05P1b811649185617a01607.jpg


http://austin.craigslist.org/fuo/2524569901.html
 
Register to hide this ad
Nope but, a nice looking cabinet. Maybe $50 for a good retro system with the 10 and hopefully the speakers are decent.
 
Long like a Barzilay. Not sure if it is one though. That would be nice. Do you have it?- what speakers are in it? If it is a Barzilay, they used JBLs in some of their designs.
 
Long like a Barzilay. Not sure if it is one though. That would be nice. Do you have it?- what speakers are in it? If it is a Barzilay, they used JBLs in some of their designs.

That's what I was thinking, that it looks like a Barzilay... which is why I suspect there could be some JBL drivers in there.

No, I don't have it, or have room for it, as tempting as it is.
 
That's what I was thinking, that it looks like a Barzilay... which is why I suspect there could be some JBL drivers in there.

No, I don't have it, or have room for it, as tempting as it is.

How much room can the drivers take up ?? Me personally,I'd have to have a look see if it were "within range".
 
That's what I was thinking, that it looks like a Barzilay... which is why I suspect there could be some JBL drivers in there.

No, I don't have it, or have room for it, as tempting as it is.

How much room can the drivers take up ?? Me personally,I'd have to have a look see if it were "within range".

Barzilay just made the cabinetry.You could put whatever you wanted inside.I've seen a w i d e variety of gear in them.
 
I have a person opposition to stripping this fine old stuff.

I can understand that with say,a Factory Fisher console,or even a nice Maggie,Zenith,Motorola...etc. But Barzilay cabinets were sold empty,then you added the components you wanted....besides,it's already partially stripped.
Just my .02 cents ya understand !
BTW,I have personally saved three Barzilay units from certain death at the hands of strippers and flippers that were going to toss the cabinetry. :twak:
If it had desirable drivers, I'd keep them,and resell the console.
 
Last edited:
I believe I saw a very very similar cabinet a year and a half a go at an estate sale. They wanted more than I was willing to give is all I can recall at the moment...that and I have no more room left. Will have to think about it for a bit.
 
Barzilay just made the cabinetry.You could put whatever you wanted inside.I've seen a w i d e variety of gear in them.

I'm GUESSING that a Garrard TT would mean Utah or Electro-Voice drivers, but the ELAC 10 was a pricey unit at the time, therefore maybe pricey driver (certainly a high-end cabinet).

The local Barzilay dealer (assuming it was sourced locally) was the McIntosh dealer, and I'm also guessing there may have been Mac in that thing. Austin was a very small market back in the early '60s.
 
I've seen a barzilay credenza with a Garrard TT with Scott gear and JBL drivers... Somewhere on AK. The one I saw that I thought was similar a while back had a Garrard TT but I can't recall what components it had in it. No opportunity to see the drivers.

EDIT: here't the AK thread I was referring to.... http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=307188

Yep. That's the high-end Garrard, and would int at glory underneath.
 
Back
Top Bottom