• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Recommendations for speaker cabinet refinishing shop / new Teak Veneers / Michigan / Thiel CS1.2 speakers

Welcome!

I had Thiel 04a, CS1.2 and CS 2 2.
One of my favorite speakers. Sounds fantastic!

Love working with wood and refurbished them and lots of other cabinets.
Lots of sanding, splicing in veneer and filling gaps.
Staining and matching the colors. I didn't use teak veneer. You'd never now.
It wasn't hard.

Good luck!

thiel04a-2.jpg
t3.jpg
t1.jpg
 
Thank you for very much your response! Yours look beautiful, well done! I'm not really set up for a workshop- currently living in an apt.- however I could use my bathroom (and the outside yard) if I do this myself. I have minimal experience working with wood and have been watching quite a bit of Youtube lately on the subject. My biggest concern is sanding away too much of the thin veneer- some of the scratches are fairly deep- would starting with 180 be too much, followed by 220 and up, if needed? May I ask what stain combos worked best to duplicate the exisiting teak color? I'd have to color match wood epoxy used for all the corner and side nicks and gashes- and add detail with stain markers- did you finish with a laquer or other (danish oil)?
 
Back
Top Bottom