• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Regional Foods You Miss

Gee Carl one thing I can say about you: wherever you have lived you have eaten good ain't ya?

What about the coffee from Costa Rica I remember you posting a while back?

No love for Costa Rican coffee?

My daughter had summer classes in Costa Rica couple of years ago and brought me back some. It was good stuff. Last year she brought me back some foie gras. Good food goes very well with good company.

But I penchant for coffee from Hawai'i.

:D

Maui_coffee.jpg
 
relocated to texas back in jan and allready miss,
cheesesteaks,soft pretzels,and entaman's baked goods
Corropolese tomato pie and last but not least the pulled pork sandwitch w/ provlogne from lennys in conshohocken pa
 
Wow, y'all are making me hungry.

I was going to say not much, that is why I cook!

That said, there are some things that aren't easy to do up here.

Without a doubt the top of my list is a good old fashioned backyard crawfish boil!

Louisiana crawfish tails to make a good etouffee. (The shocking thing was the last time I was in Louisiana, the crawfish tails I saw in a store were from China!)

Another thing I don't see around here is Pimento cheese.
 
My daughter had summer classes in Costa Rica couple of years ago and brought me back some. It was good stuff. Last year she brought me back some foie gras. Good food goes very well with good company.

But I penchant for coffee from Hawai'i.

:D

Maui_coffee.jpg

Do you need my address, so you can mail me some of that there coffee? :D ;)
 
My Mom makes some completely AWSOME corn fritters. I'll see if she'll give up the recipe if you want it......
UHHH... Yea... You REALLY don't want to be around me the next day. :D

Thanks very much for the recipe, and thank your Mom too. :thmbsp: It sounds like I really don't "need" to go messin' with 'cajun' boiled peanuts though, thanks. :D
 
Back
Top Bottom