• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Removing JBL woofer

cool9

Super Member
JBL L110 large woofer. Took the screws out and must be glued to the front. Won't budge. How do you get it off?

2uq1507.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
I take a thin blade screwdriver and stick it right at the edge between the driver and the box, and give the end an easy whack.

I've also used an old butter knife in the same way. Seems the paint on these old speakers likes to stick to the drivers.
 
Yeah that is tough, had the same issue the first time I took the woofers off my L150s.

Your best bet is to get a paint scraper and gently hammer it in around the edges.
 
Back
Top Bottom