• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Replaced the jewels on my X-202-B.

Hey Nines, do you happen to know the size of the hole in your faceplate for these lenses ? I'd like to replace mine on a 400C preamp since I have always been missing two jewels. Just wondering if these might be the same. Mine are all green and mark the input choice.

Not sure about the size, and I don't want to give you wrong info.

Go on the bay, and do a search for seller: budngreg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181220614478

You can ask the seller if these jewels will suit your purpose.

No affiliation.
 
Not sure about the size, and I don't want to give you wrong info.

Go on the bay, and do a search for seller: budngreg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181220614478

You can ask the seller if these jewels will suit your purpose.

No affiliation.

Hi!
These look super cheap and tacky for $32 dollars!
Don't look like they belong, I'd want softer edges like a brilliant cut diamond.
The shot from above looking down looks super cheap! :saywhat:
Doesn't anyone have the real deal? Or a more accurate copy?
The guy says the tooling was very expensive but also says he "went ahead and had more made". So which one is it? Does he make them or buy them from someone else? If someone really went through all that expense and effort, why not make them accurately? (I know why, they'd never recoup their investment in a 100 years)
http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages...06815228&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0
I'll bet you a nickel that these are also used for something else and just happen to coincidentally fit old Fisher amps, wouldn't you think?
They look like something that belongs on a coffee maker or some other kitchen appliance (and I bet that's what they were originally intended for). Just coincidence that they fit the Fisher's hole. They are just a standard round cut with a flat top like what's used for indicators for stuff I see all the time (our TV for one) Spoils the beautiful face plate.
For me anyway.
I'm going to make time tomorrow and do some searching. People like these guys have some pretty off the wall stuff, it just takes FOREVER to find ANYTHING because they have a really bizarre search engine.
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/
Not trying to be a negative little brat, I just think they are too ugly to put on something so beautiful! (and the price is a rip off).

Phyllis
:)
 
Last edited:
Apple scruff, looks like the holes are 7/32". I checked with Bud n Greg a while back and determined their's were too small. I don't now remember their size. 3/16" maybe. Thanks in advance for your offer of help, Chris H.
 
Thanks so much for that Scruff. I think I could "make" 1/4" fit even if it's not perfect out of the box. I hadn't thought of using LED lenses for this until this discussion came around. Seems so obvious now. Thanks to all, more great info from our Fisher community.
 
Bit late to the game, I have an X-202-B that I received with replacement jewels that, except for the red one were incorrect and it always bugged me. I ordered the replacements from Mouser as recommended in this thread amd am very pleased with the results. Thanks to everyone for sharing all this information. I ended up going with the "logical" configuration as it made more sense to me.

MKIV4421.jpg
 
Good evening, my Fisher brethren--

Just took a look at the jewels on my 400cx-2, and they are as follows:

green/amber/red/green/amber

I bought the preamp from a thrift shop in the late-1980s with original box for $20 (hehehe), and nary a screw had been removed from it at that point. The jewels are the originals, and they've never been removed/messed with so far as I can tell.

Ivan
Is there any chance you would consider selling this preamp?
 
Dumb question in an old thread: what glue are you guys using to re-install the jewels? I need to install a replacement in my MPX-100.
 
I use a dab of Aleen’s, mostly bc it’s there. White glue or any flexible glue will do. I’d stay away from any glue that cures hard. That’s what was originally used and it seems that a good knock will dislodge the jewel.
 
Back
Top Bottom