• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Replacement stylus skates wildly - Ortofon 2M Blue

I had the same problem with the purchase from Audio Advice. It was a Demo 2 M Blue complete cartridge ... skating across the album ............... And it was a dud. It didn't even have working coils.
whoa. You would would think even a modest inspection would have caught this...
 
So, the update here is that Audio Adviser offered a refund or replacement, declared the 2M Blue stylus defective. Not too much fuss, ultimately. I don't know whether the replacement would have been another "demo" model or a new one. I just took the refund.

In the intervening days I managed to pick up a nice Luxman pd277, which seems to be a great match for a Grado Red that I had lying around. So I'm just going to sell or gift the Technics with the 2M Red mounted, and don't particularly need the blue upgrade.
 
@WilsonCA, nice of you to update on your experience with Audio Advisor. This provides others with, at minimum, some sense of the quality of service one might expect from this company. I love happy endings......carry on, amigo
 
Back
Top Bottom