• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Replacing 1 1/2 inch soft dome midrange on Quantum 3

Looking4help

New Member
I have a pair of Infinity Quantum 3s. Both of the midranges have broken tinsels.

I am more inclined to replace them than to fix them or to $end them out for repair$$.

I am recapping the crossovers. I had the Watkin woofers refoamed long ago.

What is a good near-equivalent speaker that will fill the hole and deliver good results without re-engineering anything?

Are there any preferred standards for this replacement?

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
I didn't look but you might watch the auction site, I see them for sale there. If it's the same dome in the 1 and 5.
 
Send them to Millersound. Cheaper than any other option (except fixing them yourself)....

Thanks, Slimpikkens. I sent an email to Millersound. The repair is $110 and $23 shipping per pair.

At $55 per speaker, that really does seem like a better bet than trying to guess which new speaker would be a close enough match to the crossover and the cabinet and the other speakers in the system.

They seem to be in pretty good shape, except for the tinsels.

KIMG2231[1].JPG KIMG2230[1].JPG KIMG2229[1].JPG
 
Back
Top Bottom