I have had a Technics SL-2000 for about 15 years. I picked it up for free because the previous user busted the RCA cables. The first thing I did upon picking it up was to remove the bottom of the turntable and use some electrical tape and some twisting to attach the new RCA cable to the fixed cable. This has been working pretty well since then.
I'm in the process of restoring the turntable so that it's in a better operational state. One of the things I want to do is solder the RCA cables so that they are more permanently fixed to the turntable. The problem I'm having is that the original cable was fixed to a metal plate at the back of the turntable.
Does anyone have any pointers on removing the old cable from this plate so I can pass through a new cable?
Thank you!
I'm in the process of restoring the turntable so that it's in a better operational state. One of the things I want to do is solder the RCA cables so that they are more permanently fixed to the turntable. The problem I'm having is that the original cable was fixed to a metal plate at the back of the turntable.
Does anyone have any pointers on removing the old cable from this plate so I can pass through a new cable?
Thank you!