• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Report Problems with Ads Here!

Yeah, the grey bars and popups are getting to be problematical for me too. At times the site just plain stops working at all. When the ads take up 50% of my viewable screen I'm out as it's not worth my time to navigate thru a small window.
 
There have been some recent changes made that should have improved things to make the ads less intrusive than what's been posted up recently in this thread. Is anyone seeing any noticeable change for the better or not?
No change. Still intrusive!

In fact in order to even post this message I had to close a video pop up box in the lower right corner of my screen, which was covering the "post reply" button!

Mark K.
 
Have you guys got any Ad-blocking software installed? I can recommend 'Ublock Origin Lite' (it's a browser extension), it works with Chrome browser, and should work with others too. I was pleased to see my suggestion of changing 'DNS' helped for one person, because it doesn't involve installing any additional software, something you guys seem reluctant to do, correct me if I am wrong on this. :dunno:
 
Last edited:
Well, the ads do go away with a subscription. There's that. Still seems non-optimal to force a subscription to be able to navigtate the site, but I'll take what I can get. ;-)
 
Again, I have absolutely no idea how a site like this works, but, can the ad's be completely eliminated and start fresh with how they are allowed on the site? Just spitballing thoughts.
 
Count me as havung-

New full screen overlay ad, sometimes with almost full screen video. ...on every single new page. Also small video ad in lower right on every page...all the time- covers the "post" button. ...and lower, full width banner ad. New normal or something not right? BTW- I cleared my cache Friday.
 
Have you guys got any Ad-blocking software installed? I can recommend 'Ublock Origin Lite' (it's a browser extension), it works with Chrome browser, and should work with others too. I was pleased to see my suggestion of changing 'DNS' helped for one person, because it doesn't involve installing any additional software, something you guys seem reluctant to do, correct me if I am wrong on this. :dunno:

I just installed the above. Super easy using Chrome and makes a world of difference. I have been resisting them out of the feeling that we *shouldn't* have to download add-ons to view sites but its the reality these days.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom