• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Report Problems with Ads Here!

For smartphone use you can set your DNS to dns.adguard.com

It should work for other format hardware i.e. desktops as well, there is more 'anti-ad' /spam /tracker software available for Windows platforms.

It's not the complete answer but it does help. There are YouTube videos on how to do this.
 
Last edited:
I can still hit the like-button, so I'm good.

1771238747201.png
 
Bloody ads/spam
Yep clutters up the screen..
pain on the iPad … zoom in to view something… flamin ad bogarts the screen…

Maybe AK is clipping… ads skyrocketing like distortion there…

The internet…. Full of ads - I’m sure there that remembers this scene…
IMG_5864.png
 
It's pretty bad.
The Ad pops up only phone on at the top as well which covers the notification shortcut and is difficult to close/remove it as times.
Screenshot_20260216-074019.png


After top ad is closed you can get to msg, notifications and search again
Screenshot_20260216-074108.png
 
Yes, the way it's working now on my phone is seriously tipping the balance between appearing to be a hifi website supported by advertising, or an advertising website supported by "content". I thought I got malware or something until I saw this thread!
Screenshot_20260216_092625_Chrome.jpg
 
Last edited:
I didn't want to, but I used a free ad blocker and now all ads are gone.


Wow, that works, it's usable again. Thank you! I'm not against ads (especially targeted ones), but when 75% of the screen is blocked, and videos start playing spontaneously it makes the site very hard to use.
 
I didn't want to, but I used a free ad blocker and now all ads are gone.


Since I've downloaded this ad blocker I'm having less than stellar performance in other places of my computer. My computer is old and does odd things at different times, so I don't know if the ad blocker is causing this or not. If it continues, I'll probably uninstall the ad blocker off. Anybody else seeing a difference in the way their computer runs after installing the ad blocker?
 
I wanted to return to Audiokarma after a break for a few years, but I am quite disappointed and shocked at the intensity of the pop up ads. The site is extremely frustrating — almost unusable. I will check back to see if the pop up ad issue is resolved. I will not install an ad blocker for two reasons: this is the only site I visit with the issue and installing a “free” ad blocker will likely cause other problems. I may be wrong about the latter but I am not willing to take the risk. Too bad since I really enjoyed Audiokarma.
 
Since I've downloaded this ad blocker I'm having less than stellar performance in other places of my computer. My computer is old and does odd things at different times, so I don't know if the ad blocker is causing this or not. If it continues, I'll probably uninstall the ad blocker off. Anybody else seeing a difference in the way their computer runs after installing the ad blocker?
Adblock is RAM intensive. I use uBlock Origin, runs much better, and is not as RAM intensive.
 
Administrators: ETA on fix?
There have been some recent changes made that should have improved things to make the ads less intrusive than what's been posted up recently in this thread. Is anyone seeing any noticeable change for the better or not?
 
There have been some recent changes made that should have improved things to make the ads less intrusive than what's been posted up recently in this thread. Is anyone seeing any noticeable change for the better or not?
No changes here. Still Whack-A-Mole. All I do is close out ads and gray banners and watch my screen reboot.
 
I've not kept up with the machinery of website advertising since I retired, but won't pushing members to deploy ad blockers reduce ad revenues?
 
Last edited:
My screen is now reduced to nearly a quarter of its original size because of unwanted adverts. This matter needs to be addressed, or I will stop using this AK site.
 
Back
Top Bottom