• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Report Problems with Ads Here!

you mean pages not loading after numerous refresh. or oranges bars running and nothing happening.
or posting pics and a message the says your message is too long try shortening. as opposed to the usual "pic is too large"
we're all seeing issues of some kind.
i'm trying my own work arounds, and trying not to leave it all too the admins who have to deal with a few thousand machine variances
i'm trying and others should also.
i have to deal with 1

except for some orange bars slowing things down drastically i have few issues atm.
i have gotten rid of ads. i have gotten rid of large empty boxes.
some of the onus lies on the user.

In case these posts haven't been read, the free uBlock lite app is worth installing. No more issues here.
if your seeing large blank spaces, right click on them, you will get a drop down menu.
select create
the boxes will be gone.
 
I am running an older samsung tablet galaxy tab a from 2016 with chrome.
This tablet kicks butt btw.
I turned off JavaScript and that stopped all pop ups instantly for me but ymmv.
(I hope i didnt just jinx myself by talking about it.)
Attached pics are what it looked like before and then after.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260214-004606_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20260214-004606_Chrome.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20260214-021030_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20260214-021030_Chrome.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
That seems to be the rumors going around in the sewing circles, either Subscribe or Tough Schiitt. So I guess just be honest with everyone if that's the case or put those rumors to rest once and for all.
Non members will of course have to deal with the ads..
Members, and anybody can be one(unless they have joined the banned), will see 'limited' ads..
Subscribers(like myself) should only see ads from vendors(sponsors) who pay to advertise here.. we pay for that perk.
Mods(volunteers),staff, and of course admin have special rights, and should not have to deal with the ads..

These are hacks, that happen occasionally, and are dealt with..
I post screen shots when it happens, just to give advally a bit of info..
If you/we watch tv, we see commercials, even though we're subscribers..

It is aggravating, but it's temporary..
Patience is a virtue..
 
Last edited:
Another member did a test yesterday, he did not want to add yet another thing to his computer just to use AK.seeing that this site is the only one he has any problem with. He has been slammed with the ads too, he was going to tap out and take a break from AK, but decided to become a Subscriber just to see what happens. He said all issues with the ads are gone and was glad to see he did not have to make any changes to his computer with adding different Ad-Blockers and all of that.
Update:
Since this member became a subscriber, now he says he's getting double posts when he tries to post something.
He no happy.
 
Update:
Since this member became a subscriber, now he says he's getting double posts when he tries to post something.
He no happy.
I've noticed sometimes, that when I type a post/reply and hit the post reply button, it does post my reply but the field box I'm typing in
still shows my reply.. I think that's my device holding it in cache..
If I refresh the page, the dialogue box is empty and the reply is posted..

ETA: it doesn't happen most times, but now and then, I'll see it..
 
I've noticed sometimes, that when I type a post/reply and hit the post reply button, it does post my reply but the field box I'm typing in
still shows my reply.. I think that's my device holding it in cache..
If I refresh the page, the dialogue box is empty and the reply is posted..

ETA: it doesn't happen most times, but now and then, I'll see it..
I get that too, once in a while.
 
For many of us - its's ADiosKarma. People will forgive these mis-steps with a non-commercial site and would probably open their wallets far more to support you if the ads went bye bye forever. But the thinly-veiled hyper-commercial trainwreck this site has become, is now impossible to ignore.
 
Here’s what the screen looks like on my iPhone SE.
View attachment 3699434
All ads, no content, and every click is delayed as the video plays.
Makes me much less likely to keep checking AK on my phone.
No ads on my Iphone16 pro max..

For many of us - its's ADiosKarma. People will forgive these mis-steps with a non-commercial site and would probably open their wallets far more to support you if the ads went bye bye forever. But the thinly-veiled hyper-commercial trainwreck this site has become, is now impossible to ignore.

I like the title under your avatar..

Don’t overthink it
 
So the solution is to become a subscriber and get an iPhone 16 Pro Max? What does one of those cost?

I don't have any issue with the "limited" advertising that's been in place for quite a while. But the current situation is a whole other thing.

I hope it's not a harbinger of things to come. Time will tell.
 
Last edited:
Just for poops and giggles, I wonder if anyone having the ads problem could turn off JavaScript, just curious if the ads go away. I know you can't really use the site with it turned off, just wondering what happens for you.
 
This is what I get and yes extremely annoying. One covering the entire page and at times will not let me close it and proceed. It ask me to log into my account, (what account?) and strikes me more as being malware. Today is the first time I have logged in since Wed and first noticed it here on my laptop Win11 in Firefox, tried Edge and regularly locks up. Phone is google pixel 10 and same things there.

I do not have a problem being a subscriber, I do understand the need to pay the bills and adds are one of those ways, but I do not consider ads that fill up between 1/2 and the entire screen limited adds.

Screenshot 2026-02-14 at 15-37-34 Report Problems with Ads Here! Page 84 Audiokarma Home Audio...png


Screenshot 2026-02-14 at 15-48-23 Audiokarma Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums full page.png
 
I visit numerous sites. AK is the only one that assaults me with these gray bands and constant pop-up ads. It is clearly a problem with the site—regardless of whether or not one is a subscriber.

I’m taking a break from this nonsense. I’ll try back in a couple of weeks. If you can’t solve this by then, well, I can’t see how you’ll gain any new viewers, let alone new subscribers. Good luck.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom