• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Revitalizing AK

What is funny is that my phone tells me where the scam calls are coming from. Lately, I have been getting a ton of "IRS" calls about back taxes owed from places like Gorman, TX, or Pacoima, CA.

It's worth a few chuckles before blocking.

View attachment 3164334
I get the scammers from Gorman TX too, I haven't got the CA ones (yet)... newest e-mail one is "your Netflix account has been suspended", but the best phone one is "we have been trying to update your computer but you have a firewall installed and we need you password so that we can fix the issues with your computer"
 
Well, sort of. Craigslist quickly got loaded with scams, and now FB is going the same route. I won't bog this down with the details, but scammers are all over the FB Marketplace.
Like the sharks they are; scammers just follow the money. CL listings have dropped dramatically over the last couple of years here, used to be super popular on the west coast. It was a pretty dramatic switch, seems to have coincided with the covid stuff perhaps.

But yeah, FB is full of even more scammers than CL was.
 
Back
Top Bottom