• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

RIP Bob Koester

Register to hide this ad
Thanks for posting this. I bought a number of records from Bob over the years, mostly at the JRM but also a few at his newer and smaller place, Bob's Blues and Jazz Mart. One time a couple of years ago, I pulled a record out of the sleeve and held it by the edges to look it over for scratches, etc. and I heard Bob say something quietly to the young guy who was working with him. The young guy walked over and said, "Bob appreciates that you're doing that the right way and not getting fingerprints on the record." Cool guy (Bob, not me).
 
I met him at the small shop on Irving and, not knowing who he was at first, inhaled a boatload of Chicago blues stories on a quiet afternoon a few years back. RIP to an icon!
 
Back
Top Bottom