• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

RIP Boston Acoustics

The returning vets from WWII started many outstanding businesses all across the industrial spectrum. Making the United States the world leader in quality and innovation. As theses individuals died off their company's were acquired, went public, and started to answer to boards of directors. The age of Black Plastic Crap took over everything. Sad.......
 
Audio is dead...No more audio magazines?

Audio is not "dead", but it certainly isn't what it was in 1974--too many other "distractions" now. No more audio rags--Thank GOD!!!--a bunch of BS published by people that got free demo gear that the average subscriber could only dream of affording--AND--mag subscriptions ARE "dead"--two clicks and that's all you need to find out, so why bother?
 
It is just another name that is gone. Once the original company is gone and the name used by another, it is no longer the same. Think of all the brand names that have been purchased and what the products became. Westinghouse, Dual, Fisher, Bell & Howell and I am sure you could mention many others..
 
I personalty never liked there speakers compared to other New England Speaker Company's Like Acoustic Research

Aside from threadcrapping, I assume you've listened to every BA speaker ever made in comparison with other New England brands and can offer an informed opinion.:rolleyes:

Acoustic Research of whom you're so fond, while still selling products is at best a shell of its former self, a name purchased only for its former cachet. They haven't put out a conventional speaker since around 2000.

Finally it's not fair to speak ill of the dead and many people, including yours truly, own and love their speakers.
 
I was introduced to Boston Acoustics when I listened to my grandfather’s system. He has a surround system with the Micro90x, Micro90c, Micro80x, and a Micro90pv (CR400).

Since then I now own his old system, the TOTL VR-M90, VR-M60, VR40, CR9, PV1000.

They Lynnfield tweeter is truly an amazingly tweeter. BA was headquartered in Lynnfield at the time of development.
 
A pair of A60's were my first jump into speakers better than whatever my dad had laying around a few years ago. They had a real "crisp" sound to them. I haven't looked back since and while I don't use them much anymore, it's still sad to see an end to the brand.
 
James B Lansing and Paul W Klipsch haven't been with us for decades, but the names live on.
Well, to be perfectly accurate, Jim Lansing died in 1949, well before JBL was a household name. On the other hand, Paul Klipsch died relatively recently (2002).
 
Back
Top Bottom