• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

RIP Terry Jones, Month Python

Register to hide this ad
I saw this a little while ago on the BBC News programme, very sad, and particularly poignant as his wonderful spirit had been destroyed by dementia.
 
Sadly, dementia was a mean way to take someone of so much humour from us ... R.I.P. Mr Jones!

and on a side tangent - I did not know we had lost Neil Innes as well (Died 29 Dec, 2019 - age 75 - heart attack).
He played in the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, was a large part of the Rutles and had a huge arc through the Pythons ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Innes
 
I well remember the first time I saw Monty Python when it was first shown in the US on PBS in the 70's. It truly was something completely different. Brilliant! Godspeed Terry.

Untitled.png
 
terry-jones-rip.jpg
 
Wife won't care for it, but I'll be playing some Python in remembrance.

Yep, crappy start for 2020, but honestly, it's only going to increase, sadly.

So, enjoy 'em while they're still here.
 
Wife won't care for it, but I'll be playing some Python in remembrance.

Yep, crappy start for 2020, but honestly, it's only going to increase, sadly.

So, enjoy 'em while they're still here.
I’m doing my best. I caught John Cleese’s lecture tour last year. I heard he was grumpy on the Q&A tour he did with the Holy Grail film, but that was not the case for this one. The lecture was hilarious and also a bit serious. He was reasonably gracious in the Q&A. Probably the only one I’ll ever see in person unless Eric Idle tours again.

Still haven’t decided what to play in remembrance. Maybe that copy of The Monty Python Instant Record Collection I picked up not too long ago. Or maybe I wait until tomorrow and pull out one of his films.
 
Back
Top Bottom