• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rolling stones albums reissued on clear vinyl

So has anybody bought one of these clear LPs yet?

Is it worth the purchase? Good sound?

Remember that just a few months ago in Japan, they came out with Sticky Fingers and It's Only Rock And Roll on this new formulation 'Clear' vinyl.
Whether these are connected to that-we don't know at this point. We DO know that most of the early Abkco catalog was pressed on 180 gram vinyl for individual sale in Europe-I'm holding one of the releases-Hot Rocks-right now. So what this is, who knows? There hasn't been a blurb on Amazon about it and except for the US, the other Amazons have NO mention of it on their sites. I just bought all three from 'GoHastings', a third marketplace merchant for $57. And these supposedly were released domestically last week, May 28th.
Stay Tuned!
The Beave
 
I just got the 2013 clear vinyl "Hot Rocks" this week. I do have the original version of this also. I must say the new version is way better than the original. The clear vinyl also seems to give it a really quite background. The remastering they did on it. Really brings out some of the older 60's tracks very nicely. IMHO I like the digital remastering they did on this. And I mostly prefer anolog-vinyl music. "Hot Rocks" is one of my all time favorite albums and this new one is worth picking up.
 
So has anybody bought one of these clear LPs yet?

Is it worth the purchase? Good sound?

Yes-Big Time!
I bought all three from 'GoHastings', an Amazon 3rd party seller that is reliable.
Got both BB and Bleed for $16 +$4 shipping and Hot Rocks for $21.99 +$4. They got to me in three days!! and the fidelity is equal to the box set put out in 2010. But the Clear vinyl is really something to behold!! Looks so cool on the TT.
The Beave
 
I bought the clear vinyl Hot Rocks and think it sounds great! More depth and detail than any of my US 70's pressings! "Ya Ya's" would be nice to have, but hopefully the entire Abkco catalog will be released in this series!
 
Back
Top Bottom