• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

roof of records

Register to hide this ad
I think it's pretty cool... I'm not one to get worked up over someone using or trashing something I will never have a chance to own anyway... Better than filling the land fill with them..
 
I think I have 350 LP's that could serve this purpose :yes: Another cool vote, though my girl would then make me sleep under that roof for the winter :D
 
How long can that possibly last? On a moderate day I had a record warp in my car in less than 2 hours.
 
Unusual, strange....why?

Theres not enough pitch for the water to run so the roof will leak through the spindle holes unless that has been taken care of somehow. Hopefully sheathing was used.

The labels will all bleach, soften and wind up all over the yard.

The sun will warp them silly.

Other than that, its cool

..
 
Conceptually, I would call it cool. Only because I've dug through enough bins to know that there are plenty of discs that don't deserve to be heard! Practically, though, that's gonna be a nightmare. Call it a hunch, but I think there is a reason vinyl is not a popular building material!:eek:
 
Cool. The underside is a nice conversation piece. As an open porch, who cares if there is a little leaking?
 
Unusual, strange....why?

Theres not enough pitch for the water to run so the roof will leak through the spindle holes unless that has been taken care of somehow. Hopefully sheathing was used.



..

It looks like he nailed through the spindle holes and used some kind of blue washer .
 
what'll happen on a hot summers day?

You really have to ask?

278.dali.jpg
 
I'd say cute. It'd be cool if it worked and lasted longer than took to make. Too much in the vein of those cable tv room make over shows where they half-ass everything.
 
It seems cool...but I don't think it will last very long. When the paper on the labels start wearing off I think you will begin to get alot of leaking. Hopefully the discs are all Johnny Mathis, Herb Alpert, and Mitch Miller LPs!
 
Back
Top Bottom