• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rotel RA-970BX, tuner, CD player - Columbia, MO

Register to hide this ad
that looks like the cd player I have. I prefer it over a Macintosh and a Parasound CD player that I use in other systems.

I might pay $85 for it alone if that was local to me.
 
Nothing particularly special about the components but it says Mission speakers which could sweeten the deal depending on the model.
 
Not sure if I saw this first time around...anyway I have a Rotel 5-disc CD changer that is a really nice unit, built like a tank, always works. This ad's still up, I might check into it. :thmbsp:
 
If I had any use for it right now, I would have probably tried to snag it when I was in town a few weeks ago. Looks like some very nice gear, and at a nicely under-market price point.
 
Already sold, the guy even thought he took the ad down but I told him I had just looked at it. Yeah, that amp has been selling on the bay for what they were asking for the whole stack. Oh well, I didn't actually need any of it that bad, more as spares and trade fodder. I woulda swapped that CD player into one of my systems in a NY minute though.
 
Oh come on, the amplifier is a little beauty, very well made and the tuner excellent too. The CD player is a solid unit, sporting a sony mechanism and a separate buffer stage PCB filled with Rubycon Black gates and an easily accessible opamp board that can be fitted with a socket for those guys who like to roll opamps.

All in all, a TOTAL BARGAIN.

Nothing particularly special about the components but it says Mission speakers which could sweeten the deal depending on the model.
 
Sounds nice under the hood. I'm sure it WAS a total bargain for SOMEbody. I hope they appreciate it and it wasn't bought by some knuckle-dragging, mouth breathing Philistine.

I might have to look inside my multi-disk changer and see what it's got.
 
Back
Top Bottom