• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Round cabs for full range drivers (maybe)

djnagle

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I saw these online and thought they might make good round cabs for full range drivers. Will need superglue to make them whole.

685F3C95-92D6-4685-8841-6E2956959484.jpeg 0BC829A5-07FC-4340-970C-4F1F799396DE.jpeg
 
Register to hide this ad
Just the other day, I was thinking about those huge spindles that cable comes in, y'know, wooden and used by the power companies? Around here, they leave by the side of the road, and it is a mad dash to get the good ones. Good quality plywood on them. Small end table size all the way to "how the hell do I move this thing?" size.

What if one removed the long bolts and used the hole already there for open baffle?? I'd think the round shape might help.
 
Not going to get much bass out of something that small.

I thought about that then thought it I made a stand out of 3” PVC pipe with a 90 degree angle with a threaded piece coming out the elbow. I would cut out a 3” hole on the bottom plate and screw it on to the thread.

that would give a lot more volume.
 
Just the other day, I was thinking about those huge spindles that cable comes in, y'know, wooden and used by the power companies? Around here, they leave by the side of the road, and it is a mad dash to get the good ones. Good quality plywood on them. Small end table size all the way to "how the hell do I move this thing?" size.

What if one removed the long bolts and used the hole already there for open baffle?? I'd think the round shape might help.

Like this one? It is 19 5/8" X 13 3/8 wood cable reel. To make the finished one.

4A33E9F9-E858-4EE4-8F1B-88F98F53B537.jpeg B11213AD-49E8-4645-B78E-3375BE6DACD0.jpeg
 
Back
Top Bottom