• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

RSL Speakers

jaykoly

Active Member
Going to look at these tomorrow morning. RSL speakers were made in California I believe. Does anyone have info or opinions on these? Are they worth picking up?
 

Attachments

  • rsl.jpg
    rsl.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 55
  • rsl1.jpg
    rsl1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 30
Register to hide this ad
Don't know about them but they look like a nice and solid bookshelf speaker. I would go for them.
 
I picked these up for 40 bucks today. Build quality seems very good. Cabinets are near mint. Anybody know what model these are?
 
Going to look at these tomorrow morning. RSL speakers were made in California I believe. Does anyone have info or opinions on these? Are they worth picking up?

Yes they are. I use to work a city block away from where they were made in Canoga Park. CA. Don't know about that particular model but they did make some nice speakers. :thmbsp:
 
Hardrock is correct, the model name was the "Magnificent" and surprisingly this model never had that name listed anywhere on the speaker itself. This appears to be a later model version due to the poly woofers as this speaker was made for many years and the earlier models had paper cone woofers. All versions of this speaker sound very good and are quite efficient for a sealed box design. RSL did not scrimp when making this speaker as internally it will be wired with Monster Cable and the cross-over components of good quality. Hopefully you will be happy with your purchase!
 
I have a pair of RSL Magnificents which I picked up at the GW for $10. They needed new foam and came without grills, but after repairs I was amazed at their sound. I have a pair of BA A-70s I use in my garage system, and the RSLs sound a lot less peaky in the midrange and upper bass to my ears. Also, the cabinets are quite a bit heavier and more solid sounding (when I rap my knuckles on them) than the A-70s - this may account for their tight, almost dry character. I brought them inside for some extended listening, and a comparison with my Yamaha NS-690s. Although they won't be replacing the Yamahas, they do share some favorable characteristics. I've decided to hang on to them, fabricate a pair of grills and put them into rotation. I hope you enjoy yours!
 
Back
Top Bottom