• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sandy G Status Report!

Netscape and Eudora mail! Wow, haven't seen that combo in a while!

I think I still have a Netscape install floppy around here somewhere...
 
And in some printing/copying outlets ;)

His first post after he gets back online will be interesting <shield your eyes> :smoke:

Quick - someone upgrade the server!
 
I bet his old lady caught him making eyes at Poovie Mae down at th' Piggly Wiggly.

Behave yourself, ya rapscallion! :nono:
 
Netscape and Eudora mail! Wow, haven't seen that combo in a while!

I think I still have a Netscape install floppy around here somewhere...

Fun fact ... good chance you're using Netscape's bastard child right now. Same team of developers did the core programming for Mozilla Firebird when AOL went under ...

Newsflash ... looks like there's been some success restoring the drive ...

sandy-nuclear.jpg


Film at 11 ... we hope!
 
Last edited:
Holy cow man, is that an old Kaypro? They came out when I was in college. I wanted an Osborn at the time. Geeze, we've come a long way.
 
I was wondering who was responsible- the odor and murky fog on the site suddenly lifted. OK, now I know! :scratch2:





:D
 
Fun fact ... good chance you're using Netscape's bastard child right now. Same team of developers did the core programming for Mozilla Firebird when AOL went under ...

Newsflash ... looks like there's been some success restoring the drive ...

sandy-nuclear.jpg


Film at 11 ... we hope!

Hilarious!

"Hell, I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it'd do any good!" - Gen. Berenger
 
Fun fact ... good chance you're using Netscape's bastard child right now. Same team of developers did the core programming for Mozilla Firebird when AOL went under ...

Newsflash ... looks like there's been some success restoring the drive ...

sandy-nuclear.jpg


Film at 11 ... we hope!



Ha! I haven't seen "War Games" in ages.
 
Obviously, he needs to upgrade to one of these:

sx64.jpg


Way better graphics than that Kaypro, and a color screen to boot! :D
 
Last edited:
Holy cow man, is that an old Kaypro? They came out when I was in college. I wanted an Osborn at the time. Geeze, we've come a long way.

I had a good friend that was a programmer at Osborne for a short while till they tanked he had the Osbourne 1 at home then. We used to play text strategy games on it ! He eventually went on to manage IT projects for Disney and and some major hotels all over the globe .He retired a few yrs back and has a fishing charter business now and writes a fishing blog. I went into automotive /transprtaton /maufacturing mgmt. and have retired also .


I'm running Windows 10 Technical preview (beta ) for the daily driver here now they just downloaded a new build last night had a couple of glitches to work out in the morning . It's all good now and faster than a scalded dog and a long way from a Z 80 running CP/M -BASIC with 5" floppies ! My forst home box was a 386 SX 33 with DOS /Win 3.1 and then pretty much everything Windows (home or pro ) between then and now .

The Osborne 1 featured a 5 inch (127 mm) 52-column display, two floppy-disk drives, a Z80 microprocessor, 64k of RAM, and could fit under an airplane seat. It could survive being accidentally dropped and included a bundled software package that included the CP/M operating system, the BASIC programming language, the WordStar word processing package, and the SuperCalc spreadsheet program. -wikipedia-
 
Last edited:
P.S. Kaypro computers were made by Non-Linear Systems, a maker of electronic test equipment in the day (a lot of it very high grade and expensive, their engineering and build quality was top notch)
 
Last edited:
P.S. Kaypro computers were made by On-Line Systems, a maker of electronic test equipment in the day (a lot of it very high grade and expensive, their engineering and build quality was top notch)

Are you thinking of Non-Linear Systems? I'm fairly certain that's the company behind the Kaypro. Another fun fact: NLS/Kaypro founder Andrew Kay invented the digital voltmeter in 1952. More info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaypro
 
Back
Top Bottom