• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SandyG status update!

I really MUST thank some folks who helped during this ordeal-1st off, my wife, Lauriann. Why she's never yet done my worthless bohunkas in is a testament to her grace under pressure. Next, we have my"Little Girlfriend", Bethany & her husband Corey.I owe them WAY more than I can ever hope to repay. Corey has come over here SEVERAL times to help get my arse vertical again. A lot of you know how SPECIAL she is to me-Basically, the daughter I never had. NEVER had or wanted kids-Who wants a little girl, anyhow ? After 15 years w/her, I find it hard to fathom what I'd be like if I DIDN'T have her... She's ALMOST as big of a Wiseguy as I ever was. All the while she was growing up, she never shied away from ANY sort of tomfoolery that my evil mind could conjure up. Did you ever hang around someone just for the simple joy of being around them, & try to guess WHAT was gonna happen next ? Often as not, I couldn't honestly WHO had the better time, me or Bethany. Pretty, sweet, & honestly, "Scary smart", I'm gonna stand in front of the Almighty some day & agree w/him that I coulda done a lot better, except for her. She had a less than good home life, I did everything I could to show her the better side of life.
 
Well, when you get there I hope St. Pete don't play mumblety-pegs with you, Sandy 'cause you'd steal his thumbs.
 
I'm gonna stand in front of the Almighty some day & agree w/him that I coulda done a lot better, except for her. She had a less than good home life, I did everything I could to show her the better side of life.

That's all that matters and shows ones heart, nothing more to say as actions out weigh talk.
 
She LOVED being just a tad "Naughty"... I'd take her home, look over at her,. grin evilly, & say, "Well, Hot Rod" how much smoke do ya think we oughta blow up yer Mama's Butox today ?" she'd grin, & I'd make up some riotous tale-The more fantastic, the better....Marcy-her mama-would give me the Stink Eye & just shake her head, & go "YOU ain't RIGHT.. I'd give her my best puppy dawg look, & go, "I Wuvs you too, Marcy..She knew Miss Pris was absolutely safe w/me.. Not only that, I always fed her well, & bought a LOT of clothes & junk for her .She always did her homework here, we'd go hit the back roads, I'm a frustrated history buff, & there are a lot of sites from the war of Yankee aggression. After she got her permit, she wouldn't let me drive hardly at all.But that was great-Bein' chauffeured around by. a cute little blond girl' She took to piloting my Excursion around like she'd done it all her life. There was this one guy she was seeingI had absolutely NO use for. him. And if what she said later was true, they Might have found enuf of him to fill up a shoebox..
 
Hey Unca Sandy, thanks for confirming you hadn't been abducted by space aliens (not that you wouldn't have gone willingly!).

Lessa, Jane and I are glad to see you back with the internet crowd again, hope to see you around more often as you get back up to speed.

PM me with any details about your falling episodes so we can try to figure out what could be done to help you.

http://newatlas.com/wearable-airbag-hip-protection/35594/


Bart- Biggest thing I think is wrong w/me is that I'm FAT, Clumsy, & 60.. Always heard about the guy who couldn't walk & chew Chewing Gum at the same time ?... Well,, THAT t'would be Moi... I HAVE had a reasonably good time w/all this crapola- Usually, there have been a whole covey of cute waitresses, nurses, etc to get me mobile again. Most everyone around town here knows of my snarky attitude, & get a kick out of it. I guess the day it quits being funny, or that I can't laugh about it, then I'll have a real problem.
 
So there's a bit of a rainstorm going on around these parts. Now I always figgered that Outer Bug Tussle (or whatever it is, do I have that right?) where y'all are from was a mythical place. But I heard today a report on the Weather Channel that a tarnader was headin' for a little crossroads down in northern Arkansas. Wouldn't you know that in the path of this twister was a place called Bug Scuffle Church! Hardly a wide spot in the road but even Google says it's there. So there might well be a Bug Tussle in TN.

Possibly more truth to Uncle Sandy's stories than we realized. You heard it here folks.
 
Well, we DO have a place called "ChopTack" here- So named for the sound the unfallen wood made as it became "Fallen"..This is the 200th anniversary of a section named "Surgoinsville"
 
I try to keep a few hydrocodone tablets around, but that is verboten. They also flew mad when I told 'em I took more than one at a time. The head nurse went berserk when I told her I'd popped as many as 6 at a time-all it did would do would let me sleep, NEVER got the least bit "Dopey".. Tried to tell 'em that I'm a Big Boy, & taking just ONE of any kind of pill was a waste of time. Doncha just LOVE the :"Busybodies" who insist on trying to save us from ourselves ?!? Grrrrrrrr...

Six Hydrocodone?!! Please listen to their advice.

Nice to have you back. We all missed you.

It isn't the hydrocodone that is the main problem although 6 at one time is a pretty whopping dose if you're not used to it. Rather, its the amount of acetaminophen (Tylenol) that also is in the tablet, sometime 500mg per tablet, so you'd be taking 3000 mg at one sitting. That is the upper limit for a WHOLE DAY and higher doses or repeated doses can and do lead to liver damage. The per dose limit used to be 1000mg (2 Extra Strength tablets) but that has been reduced for the past 6 years to 650mg and the total daily dose is recommended to be less than 3000 mg.

So be very careful with how much acetaminophen you're taking, the FDA and medical experts have already recommended lowering doses wherever possible to avoid liver injury. With the history of diabetes, that's one more problem you don't want to have.

Back to your regularly scheduled SandyG saga.
 
Last edited:
Ya gotta wonder how bad these things REALLY are, & how much of their fearsome reputation is pure hype ?!? On a stack of Bibles, , I NEVER got the least bit funky in my punkin head. About all they ever did for me was to put me to sleep, & let me get an EXCELLENT 40 or so winks.
 
At least I NEVER succumbed to the temptation of poppin' a few of 'em & washing them down W/151 Rum & Diet Coke..
 
First. I'm glad your back and spreading wisdom as only you can Sandy.

Tylenol is no joke. I work in a ICU as an RN and we get drug over doses suicide attempt all the time. The worst suicide I ever had the chance to see was a young person who wanted attention desperately, being a teenager what better way to get attention than try and take your life.

She really didn't want to end her life, so what's more benign that Tylenol...

A half bottle later and she ended up on our unit. Well she got her attention from her family and was surrounded by friends as well. Physically she felt okay but her lab results told a different story and try as we did. Her liver was toast.

It was only a matter of time before other systems started shutting down. The liver is pretty important in helping clean and keeping everything else going.

She ended up passing away a very painful and slow death.

We do not, and remember this is the ICU where we are constantly monitoring everything, give over 4g or 4,000 mg a day. It will kill your liver.

Same with ibuprofen, except not the liver. The kidneys.

Anyway. It happens. Take care.
 
At least I NEVER succumbed to the temptation of poppin' a few of 'em & washing them down W/151 Rum & Diet Coke..

I'll readily admit to having done that in the past. It was a hell of a good time, too....until I fell asleep. :D

Glad to see ya up and around, SandyG!
 
It IS good to have ya back Sandy! I'm 60 too and.....oops..... CRASH! AHHHH! CRUNCH!!!
f848e10bf7d78581f5fa7637a4f2a64b.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom