• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui 1000A tube receiver 250 Ann Arbor w box

Register to hide this ad
Wow, it doesn't get much better than this to round out a collection. Box and manual even look to be in great shape.
 
Can't wait to hear how this went. We're pulling for ya.

Anyone who'd use the ghoul as his avatar is all right in my book.
 
Seeing as a 1000a just sold on fleabay for a BIN of $475 plus $100 S/H.

I'd be driving furiously and not posting about this one. :nono:
 
I also made arrangements if the other AK'er doesn't make it I will be next. Worst part was I called first, but when I tried to call him back the second time my cell died. As soon as I got home I called and the other poster in the thread had called. He's closer granted, I was first, but whichever of us I hope it goes to an AK'er. Good luck and the best wishes for all.
 
Well here it is....

DSC_9947.jpg


DSC_9949.jpg


DSC_9950.jpg


DSC_9948.jpg


Only problem is I did'nt bring a fuse with me... Got it home and it blew the only 4A I had :sigh: Bummer looks like it going to sit on the shelf till I get some time to check it out better...

Outside of that it's very nice and clean.
 
All of those old Elna oil caps need to go along with the electrolytics. Otherwise, that thing is a time capsule!
 
Looks to have had the 2 multi section cans changed already. All those grey caps underneath need to go. These sound excellent. My favorite tube for tunes. The EH 7591's are a very good sounding tube for these.
 
Well here it is....


Only problem is I did'nt bring a fuse with me... Got it home and it blew the only 4A I had :sigh: Bummer looks like it going to sit on the shelf till I get some time to check it out better...

Outside of that it's very nice and clean.

I would not slip anther fuse in there untill after full restore. I had one blow on me, quite interesting but not fun
 
Back
Top Bottom