• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Sansui 1000x needs some help..

86c10customd

New Member
Hi again, so yesterday I thought I was done fixing my old trusty 1000x today upon polishing it up and cleaning out the inside of dust and dirt I noticed a yellow wire that is disconnected.

If the units open and the controls are facing you it goes up to the selector switch top left with the units underside showing.
Its yellow and has a blue wire inside of it.
I'm guessing it goes to the fm or am boards in all pics iv seen online it goes under the tone control board and disappears.
My printed service manual is unreadable in the switch section .
Does anyone have one open that could send a picture or gutshot?
I know it's a stretch thanks in advance!
 
Register to hide this ad
Hello!
I just so happen to have my Sansui 1000x open and on the bench right now. I have some pictures of the wire I think you may be referencing! Let me know if this is the correct one. It connects to the backmost layer of the Aux/Phono/AM/FM selector. Then it runs all the way to the opposite corner of the unit. See the photos to where to solder it back into place.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20210329_221044.jpg
    IMG_20210329_221044.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210329_221109.jpg
    IMG_20210329_221109.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20210329_221113.jpg
    IMG_20210329_221113.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom