Hi again, so yesterday I thought I was done fixing my old trusty 1000x today upon polishing it up and cleaning out the inside of dust and dirt I noticed a yellow wire that is disconnected.
If the units open and the controls are facing you it goes up to the selector switch top left with the...
Just picked up a Sansui 1000X. Noticed it was very weak at pulling in stations, so went through the alignment procedure. I fed the signal through the 300 ohm FM antenna connections. I set 88 and 108 MHz dial positions using my THD meter for minimum distortion adjusting controls per manual...
My 1000x has some issues.
In FM AUTO, the tuning meter is not working (stays at zero). The meter does work in AM.
I have ~ 10 ft. of speaker wire in the 2 top 300 ohm antenna ports. I've tried moving the distant - local switch on the back. It doesn't affect the meter and doesn't seem to...
Hi all,
I'm pretty green when it comes to fixing audio equipment, but I'm trying to restore an old 1000x to it's former glory. Right now, the highs and lows on all inputs are fairly distorted in both channels. I put a signal through the "Main In" connection and am still getting this distortion...
Hi all,
I've been lurking here for the past few weeks trying to nail down some Gremlins in a 1000x that was passed down to me. Right now it sounds pretty distorted.
So far this is what I've done to it:
Detoxed all the Pots and Switches.
Recapped the driver amp block
Replaced the coupling...
Good day ladies and gentlemen, I hope that everyone is doing very well!
I am a newbie at modding vintage receivers and the like, I apologize if I use an improper term or any phrases.
I just picked up a Sansui 1000x that looks like it just came straight off the line, no scratches, dings or dents...
I have a 1000x that my dad bought new 40ish years ago. It sat unused for quite a while and about a year ago I took it from him to use powering my outdoor speakers. I noticed that I was losing volume and the sound quality was changing so I did some reading here and found out about Deoxit. That...