• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

sansui 661 and 771..are they good?

Another bonus to the 2000x over the 771 is the 2000x has preouts to run another amp off it where as the 771 doesnt have that option. My 771 is in the livingrom pushing a set of rectilinears and epicures while my 2000x coupled with a kenwood amp powers my klipschs in the bedroom. So for me I lean on the 2000x

I have a Realistic 100 watt amp with an EQ. Any idea how I would hook this up to my 2000x?
 
I have the 661 and the 4000. I was really surprised on how the 661 sounded, very detailed.:music: I have plenty of amps and receivers, but I constantly go back and forth between the 661 and the 4000. You can't go wrong.:thmbsp:
 
From that series I have a 221, 661, and the totl 881.
My 661 is stenciled "Demo only" in yellow on the back, had a bunch of cracked solder joints, but it's now a nice sounding and good looking receiver.
The 881 is good, but IMHO not great as a TOTL unit, the tuner is a tad weak, and it makes a small low level hum, but it's never been restored either.
I'd prefer a 4000 over the 771, a 5000x with the later driver boards over the 881....maybe a 2000x slightly over a 661 due to a better looking case and front. YMMV.
 
Back
Top Bottom