• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui AU 20000 and TU 9900 just walked into my life

Axcel

Accuphase all the way
I have an LP shop on the weekends in a flea market and generally get approached by a slew of sellers who have great LP's and great audio to get rid of. More often then not it's usually crap but not today. This guy took my card months ago and never called so I assumed he had decided not to sell his gear. At that time he could not remember what models he had but he told me it was pretty hi end. Ya sure :scratch2: Today he shows up and says he brought his gear and asked if I'd like to come out to his car due to the weight of his stuff. We walked out he opened his gate and I almost craped my pants(not really). There sat 250 records an Akai TT with a Shure V15 VI and a Sansui AU 20000 and Sansui TU 9900. Tried to keep a poker face but we quickly hashed out a deal and the equip is all mine:thmbsp::music::yes:
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Yeah, you win the vintage ad-hoc garage system award for the day. Can't quite tell, but those look pretty clean. Nice old iron.
 
WOW! What a nice score you got there!

Please tell us your impressions of the amp?

Enjoy the music!
 
Incredible find--I think those are the two best-looking pieces Sansui ever built.
 
Excellent grab there! Those big Sansui pieces are very nice indeed. That tuner is the absolute finest in my book!Congrats!!!
DC
 
I remember those as always being out of my price range back in the day when I was looking...they were at the store that had the Phase Linear McIntosh and Luxman stuff.
 
"Screwed" is such a harsh word...what about "manipualted into the position of having a single advantageous sensation"....I knew that grammer class would pay off someday!
DC
 
Great score, there! :thmbsp: That is one of Sansui's finest amps, and WELL worth grabbing any time you get the chance! :music: The rest was tasty gravy, too! :yes:

Damn!! I'd give my left nut for those 2!!!:drool: If ya ever get bored of them.... :scratch2:

I can understand your making that deal, but what would the OP want with your testicle, left or right? :headscrat

"Screwed" is such a harsh word...what about "manipualted into the position of having a single advantageous sensation"....I knew that grammer class would pay off someday!
DC


Grammar class payed off. :yes:
... but "manipaulted"? I think you should get a refund on either the spelling class or the typing class!

(Sorry, couldn't resist. We all make typing msitaeks! :D)
 
In other words, the guy didn't have a clue, eh?

What he did have was a wife that wanted them out of the house asap. She was right beside him during our negotiations and when I threw out the cash offer of $250 for all his wife yelled he'll take it. I actually felt sorry for the dude. I was willing to go higher but:smoke:
 
Back
Top Bottom