• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui AU-X701, I can't wait..

Register to hide this ad
Excellent.

When I bought my X901 the seller had both the X701 and an X901.

He told me they sound 'exactly the same' except for the 100W/130W power difference.

Really nice amps!
 
Can this model be used as a preamp? Does it have preamp outs? I have an AU 919 and it would be an interesting comparison. It's definitely no slouch. Thanks
 
That's a lot of amp for that price. One went in town here a month ago, at a storefront, for around $400 I think, and it wasn't in as good of condition.
 
Sadly not :(

I think maybe it does...and the AU-X901 also.

The 'processor button'. If an EQ can be patched in, so could an active subwoofer.

Pre-out=processor send

Amp in= processor return.

I could be wrong about this. :yes:
 
Last edited:
I think maybe it does...and the AU-X901 also.

The 'processor button'. If an EQ can be patched in, so could an active subwoofer.

Pre-out=processor send

Amp in= processor return.

I could be wrong about this. :yes:

Fair call! I'll check the schematic.
 
Well dang, I was hoping it had the pre outs since my subs have rca ins only. I wonder if the 901 has them.

Do any of your subs have a remote gain/volume control? If so, the 'Processor Send' outputs would (almost) definitely work.

It boils down to this; does the volume control knob on this amp affect the signal coming out of the 'processor send' jacks? Pete Mac and I are checking into this...I haven't had time to look at the schematic yet.
 
I hope it does. I will be using this amplifier with my Indignia's and will be building the Insubnia soon too. It would be nice to be able to put it all together. :yes:

BTW, tracking number indicates that this amp should be here on Monday. :banana:
 
That's a lot of amp for that price. One went in town here a month ago, at a storefront, for around $400 I think, and it wasn't in as good of condition.

I was just thinking John: Why don't you have one of these? Nearly everytime this amp or the x901 is mentioned I see you comment. Why havent you bought one yet?
 
I was just thinking John: Why don't you have one of these? Nearly everytime this amp or the x901 is mentioned I see you comment. Why havent you bought one yet?

My best audio-friend has one, so I get to hear one all the time. That's how I've gotten to be so familiar with it. He's jealous of my gear and I'm jealous of his. I've looked at them many times, and almost bought the 701 I recently saw, but I want a 901, or maybe one of the MOS-Vintage amps..but you're right, I really should have one...:music:
 
Back
Top Bottom