• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui cornered the market on black face, but this Marantz...

Register to hide this ad
Those reproduction black face plates look really nice with the silver knobs.
I like the gold lettering on that one. I think thats the first 1050 I've ever seen.
It looks like the 1060B. FYI the 1060B isn't near as good sounding or built as well as the original 1060. I love my little 1060. It's pulling temporary preamp duty in my main system at the moment.
 

Attachments

  • 20260905_122227.jpg
    20260905_122227.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20261006_105853.jpg
    20261006_105853.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 14
Those reproduction black face plates look really nice with the silver knobs.
I like the gold lettering on that one. I think thats the first 1050 I've ever seen.
It looks like the 1060B. FYI the 1060B isn't near as good sounding or built as well as the original 1060. I love my little 1060. It's pulling temporary preamp duty in my main system at the moment.
Yes I heard. The non-B looks much better too! I'd like to buy one if it can be found at a reasonable price.
 
Wonder how a Model 7 would look with a black face?
There's an old thread somewhere with one. It looked pretty good.
There was someone here on AK having new faceplates made for various Marantz models and selling thwm on ebay and in barter town a few years ago. Some were even red or blue. The red brushed aluminum ones looks really nice too.
 
There's an old thread somewhere with one. It looked pretty good.
There was someone here on AK having new faceplates made for various Marantz models and selling thwm on ebay and in barter town a few years ago. Some were even red or blue. The red brushed aluminum ones looks really nice too.
Even with my poor memory I do remember those faceplates on eBay back when.
 
There's an old thread somewhere with one. It looked pretty good.
There was someone here on AK having new faceplates made for various Marantz models and selling thwm on ebay and in barter town a few years ago. Some were even red or blue. The red brushed aluminum ones looks really nice too.
Ah I saw the one with the rack-mount Model 7. Needs black knobs, too.
 
Back
Top Bottom