• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui Frequently asked, and more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could try cleaning the Dolby selector switch. Or at least operate it to see if the channel comes back. Could be the relay too.

Do you know if your unit has the green flexable PCB cables or the black ribbon cables?

Rob

T'is a great question, and I do not know which this one has. I've read about those later run cables being far better. I don't recall EW saying one way or the other. I have worked on that Dolby selector switch some, and perhaps just powering the old girl up once a week has helped. Just yesterday, I turned it on for the first time in a week, and left channel was strong and healthy.

Perhaps I just need to use it more. Thanks, Robisme. Still hoping to find you that cup of christ, ahem.....that sansui knob, I mean. :biggrin:
 
An update on availability of the STV-2H: I tried to order some today, and the (very nice) guy at Consolidated who I talked to said he's sold hundreds - but they're all gone now!

If anyone knows where either the STV-2H or the NTE 605A can be obtained, can you let us in on it? Thanks.

I have found local NTE dealer can order NTE 605a diodes. They say that the part number has been discontinued for years but was revived.
Most likely any NTE dealer will be able to order them now.
 
So, what is your recommendation to use on original F1040 Sansui board without damage?
Thanks
 
I have found local NTE dealer can order NTE 605a diodes. They say that the part number has been discontinued for years but was revived.
Most likely any NTE dealer will be able to order them now.
I am sorry I don't know the answer to that, especially as I have only just learned that you want this for a F-1040 board. (used in 5000x ?).

May I suggest you start a thread and ask the question? - bear in mind that you may be advised to upgrade the board (as most people do) - there was a thread/post detailing exactly how to do this.
 
Last edited:
There is a lot of information on upgrading that board. The procedure starts in post 163 in the FAQ thread.

Please post the serial number for the database. Click on the link in my signature block.

- Pete
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom