• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui QR-6500 Power Cord

Register to hide this ad
Hard to find ... I used one off an old electric shaver ... ;-}

Worse case, pop the top and hard wire a new cord. I've been known to drill the original socket and route the new cord thru the hole. A knot and a bit of black silicone to seat the cord and pretty it up and almost looks factory.
 
Kind of pricey I know, but I reckon it's the correct cord.

Does anyone know the specific type of the connector at the receiver end?
Is it a C7? Aren't they also simply known as a "figure 8" connector? I'm assuming this Cable is non-polarized also, correct?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265251333969?hash=item3dc2362751:g:7FYAAOSwAutdaWOA

Edit: There is another older thread here about such, and some say you can often find such a cord at a thrift shop for little money.
 
Last edited:
different to figure of eight . can't remember if they are keyed one side or not . i used a plug i had lying around but it wasn't right even though it fitted .
 
Kind of pricey I know, but I reckon it's the correct cord.

Does anyone know the specific type of the connector at the receiver end?
Is it a C7? Aren't they also simply known as a "figure 8" connector? I'm assuming this Cable is non-polarized also, correct?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265251333969?hash=item3dc2362751:g:7FYAAOSwAutdaWOA

Edit: There is another older thread here about such, and some say you can often find such a cord at a thrift shop for little money.

thanks I actually purchased that one from eBay and it doesn’t fit. Too loose. I will be returning. I like the idea of checking thrift stores. Thanks
 
What's loose, the connectors or the plug itself? You can crimp connectors to tighten them, and some wraps of black tape can resize a connector that's too small. I've had a few close ones where the connector is the wrong shape, but a bit of trimming with an x-acto blade was all it took.

Another option if you ain't worried about pretty is a couple of barrel connectors of appropriate gauge.

PS - great rig. The QR series are the KING of I/O. I ran an entire house off one for years. Also have that great Sui tone ...

Oh. And if it doesn't work when you plug it in, make sure the PRE OUT/AMP IN jumpers are there. If not, use short RCAs or some stripped romex wire.
 
Last edited:
What's loose, the connectors or the plug itself? You can crimp connectors to tighten them, and some wraps of black tape can resize a connector that's too small. I've had a few close ones where the connector is the wrong shape, but a bit of trimming with an x-acto blade was all it took.

Another option if you ain't worried about pretty is a couple of barrel connectors of appropriate gauge.

PS - great rig. The QR series are the KING of I/O. I ran an entire house off one for years. Also have that great Sui tone ...

Oh. And if it doesn't work when you plug it in, make sure the PRE OUT/AMP IN jumpers are there. If not, use short RCAs or some stripped romex wire.
Thanks, I am missing the cord. The pins are loose inside the replacement cord I picked up from eBay (above)
 
Folks, would something like this work? My thinking, is I'd likely prefer a 14ga Cord rather than a lighter 18ga for this Receiver.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403062339080?hash=item5dd8633608:g:1psAAOSwqBBhE0~o
No, that will not work. The original cords are different than anything you commonly find today. They are made to an old JIS specification. The closest US spec cord are the old "cheater" cords used on 1960's tv sets. These cords were attached to the press board panel on the back of the TV and would disconnect the power when you removed that cover. But even these are now very hard to find and they still don't fit right.

The best way to deal with this is to just install a modern power cord. Remove the socket and make a blanking plate to hold a grommet for a new cord.

Guys, these kinds of discussions belong in the main forum. The Database forum is for Database issues not a general topic like this one.

- Pete
 
Back
Top Bottom