• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui Single Digit Series Receiver Club!

I believe the Eight Deluxe was considered to be the best of the series. Echowars thinks highly of it. I personally have an Eight. It is out of circulation right now as it is making some crackling noises, but it is one of my all time favorites for pure audio pleasure.
 
After reading this thread I am going to look for one. Which of the single digit series(or 7000) is the best./QUOTE]
How about Eight or Eight DeLuxe

Great question! I'm listening to my Eight and Dual 1219 as I'm typing this.

From what I know about them (and I will defer to resident Sansui expert LBPete), they are different and good for different reasons. I have a 7000 and an Eight. The 7000 has three main filters and is capacitor coupled. The Eight does not have complimentary outputs and is not relay protected although mine was modified at some point and has a relay. The Eight Deluxe has complimentary outputs and a speaker relay and IMO, is the first modern Sansui receiver design. My buddy reports the Eight Deluxe does not have solid metal knobs. When he brings it over for a comparo, I'll know for sure.
 
Have a Seven and it is the best sounding unit I own. Almost as powerful as my 881, definitely a clearer sound up and down the spectrum.
 
Since this thread was revived, I will add that we know now that some of the Eights do have factory speaker relays.

Mine does.

Rob
 
I still have three Eights. One has a relay, one not. The third one is still in his original box. Didn't open yet. So I don't know- I'm just restoring two of my 7000. One Six is waiting for a new glass. Not a real problem to get the glass - the writing "Solid State Six" is the problem. I have no idea how to get this on the new glass. Also one Eight lost the wiriting. One 7000 also needs a new front glass. There is quite a big chip gone in the middle of the glass. So again: what to do with the writing?
 
Last edited:
Being in the club is tantamount to watching the squirrels at play.

I have two sevens and and an eight deluxe.

LBPete...pardon my ignorance...trying to add one of my Sansuis to the database....I went to the link but can't seem to find my way
 
Being in the club is tantamount to watching the squirrels at play.

I have two sevens and and an eight deluxe.

LBPete...pardon my ignorance...trying to add one of my Sansuis to the database....I went to the link but can't seem to find my way
Edit...I updated the Seven to the database Pete.
 
Edit...I updated the Seven to the database Pete.
Thanks for posting. Your Seven was built on production line 81 during August of '73. It was the 289th unit off that line that month.

If you clicked on the link in my signature block, it takes you to the first page of a thread with with almost 200 pages. You can still just post it at the bottom of that first page and it will show up on the last page.

- Pete
 
Thanks for posting. Your Seven was built on production line 81 during August of '73. It was the 289th unit off that line that month.

If you clicked on the link in my signature block, it takes you to the first page of a thread with with almost 200 pages. You can still just post it at the bottom of that first page and it will show up on the last page.

- Pete
Thank you for all you do.
 
Back
Top Bottom