• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui XR-Q9 Turntable for repair on Portland CL- 100$

Register to hide this ad
LOL - found this post while looking for info on this TT after coming across this CL post! I'm PDX local and interested in the table as I'm putting together a HiFi for my bedroom and this TT would pair well with my recently acquired Sansui 5000x!

Any ideas on what the issue could be here? I will email seller to ask if he has had it checked out.

If this is @$100 repair, then I'm in, otherwise it might be too complex of a project for my first TT...
 
This model is known to have microprocessor issues that are virtually unsolvable today, IIRC... hard to tell from that description whether it's that or something simpler to resolve.

John
 
Thanks for the input, maybe I should stick to an earlier vintage TT both to match my receiver and to avoid microprocessors! :scratch2:

I emailed the seller and asked why he was selling instead of trying to get fixed, as he seems like someone who used this TT, but haven't heard back. Maybe he decided to upgrade, or maybe he decided the repair was too costly...
 
Yeah. I have read about the microprocessor issues with this table too. Just never seen anyone describe this particular problem. With the platter stopping randomly in play. jdurbin1 is right, Philby. Best to go for something that doesn't require complicated repairing for your first table. I will be buying my first table too when I come down to Portland around may if everything goes to plan. You can ask about in the turntable section. You will be certain to get tons of good advice from the nice folk here. I see a lot of good stuff come up for sale on PDX CL. Good luck.
 
The seller responded and he has decided to get it looked at and will probably get it repaired if possible/affordable. BUT he did offer to sell me his backup table (Sansui FR-D3, entry level DD) if he repaired it, so I may end up with a Sansui TT after all, and I'll have something to use while I scour CL, ThriftStores and Estate Sales for a higher quality, likely belt drive, table.

The 5000x has 2 phono inputs anyway, so why not have 2 tables to play with!
 
Back
Top Bottom