I just picked up a 1030, it's a direct drive fully-automatic 2-motor turntable. It's got a couple of problems:
#1: cue'ing mechanism seems to have run out of the heavy weight silicone gel, it lowers without any resistance.
#2: Start/Cut button doesn't do anything--however, if the Repeat button is pressed in, it will play automatically, plays through to the end, tonearm automatically comes back and repeats again.
On close examination, when I press the Start/Cut button, I can see the red LED light lights up faintly and very briefly. But it won't do anything. Only when the Repeat button is press in, it plays correctly.
At first, I thought the cam gear was engaged in wrong places, so I played a record all the way through in Repeat mode (both Start/Cut button and Repeat button pressed in--the only way this table will work), after the tonearm returned, I pressed the Start/Cut button to stop it. When I pressed the Start/Cut button again, nothing happened, except for a faint light in the red LED for a bried moment. After a multiple attempts at button mashing, I have come to realize that maybe it's something to do with electronics.
I have opened the bottom panel and looked inside. There's nothing that's obviously wrong. I will take pictures later as I have already screwed it back on and have been enjoying listening to some of my albums on it.
To fix my #1 problem, I know I need to add silicone gel but when I looked inside, I couldn't find the cylinder, it's definitly hidden under the automatica mechanism. Is there a way to add gel without taking off the levers and gears? I tried going from the top, but it didn't work--this one requires directly adding gel to the cylinder, I think.
I welcome all suggestion and expert insights especially, thank you!
#1: cue'ing mechanism seems to have run out of the heavy weight silicone gel, it lowers without any resistance.
#2: Start/Cut button doesn't do anything--however, if the Repeat button is pressed in, it will play automatically, plays through to the end, tonearm automatically comes back and repeats again.
On close examination, when I press the Start/Cut button, I can see the red LED light lights up faintly and very briefly. But it won't do anything. Only when the Repeat button is press in, it plays correctly.
At first, I thought the cam gear was engaged in wrong places, so I played a record all the way through in Repeat mode (both Start/Cut button and Repeat button pressed in--the only way this table will work), after the tonearm returned, I pressed the Start/Cut button to stop it. When I pressed the Start/Cut button again, nothing happened, except for a faint light in the red LED for a bried moment. After a multiple attempts at button mashing, I have come to realize that maybe it's something to do with electronics.
I have opened the bottom panel and looked inside. There's nothing that's obviously wrong. I will take pictures later as I have already screwed it back on and have been enjoying listening to some of my albums on it.
To fix my #1 problem, I know I need to add silicone gel but when I looked inside, I couldn't find the cylinder, it's definitly hidden under the automatica mechanism. Is there a way to add gel without taking off the levers and gears? I tried going from the top, but it didn't work--this one requires directly adding gel to the cylinder, I think.
I welcome all suggestion and expert insights especially, thank you!
