Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html
My bad, glad I live here, picked mine up a few yrs ago with a Denon DL301 for less than $350 lol. And other than a few swirls in the dust cover it's absolutely pristine.
For the moment I've abandoned the idea to get a vintage TT as I've had no luck getting any around my area. Most of them are in bad condition and there is no shop to repair such things.
I've tried importing some from Germany but most of the sellers don't ship to other countries.
I wanted to buy a Fluance RT85 or anything better than the RT81 but they don't have them in stock for half a year.
I've looked into Reloop Turn3 which looked like a good alternative but has wow and flutter around 0.2% which I think I will hear.
The Denon DP-400 has a nasty dust cover but still seems the best bet for now.
Musical Hall / Regas and other manuals don't have an easy selectable speed change.
I think there is a good market for TT around 500 dollars that have a simple speed change mechanism and an acceptable wow/flutter, but there is no brand to produce such thing.
Will wait for the moment and probably buy something new and inexpensive and when the time will come maybe I'll find a good turntable.
To end this thread, thank you guys for the suggestions, found a Technics SlQ2 in very good condition and I'm happy to have some vintage tech that sounds good inside my living room.
Came with a no-name cartridge which to my surprise sounds decently well for metal music. Will upgrade later to a nagaoka mp-110 and probably get a Schiit Mani when I'll find one in Europe. For the moment the ART DJ Pre2 sounds good enough.
Finally enjoying vinyl again, so pleasant to listen to a lively vinyl after a long day at work.
Cheers to all!