• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Set of Klipsch speakers in a dumpster

ossodiseppia

Well-Known Member
This is not a joke

While walking my dog this morning, something caught my eye sticking out of a dumpster. I had a peak over the top and notice a pair of either KG4s or Fortes. The have the passive woofer in the back. One of them has a split seam along the top. I did not want to spend a lot of time there as I've been busted in the past for dumpster diving.

I've been fretting over this for the last couple of hours and just don't really want to mess with them. I have looked up the permit and found the contractor. I suggest if you want the speakers, it would be a good idea to call and ask permission to dive into the dumpster. If you don't get permission, it is considered stealing.

The house is located at 12480 Utica St, Broomfield, CO 80020.

The contractor is:

Jim Black Construction Company
12279 Pennsylvania St
Thornton, CO 80241
tele: (303) 452-8710

upload_2022-3-3_9-6-51.png
 
Register to hide this ad
This is really heartbreaking. They actually look to have been in pretty decent shape before getting the heave-ho.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20220304_071038.jpg
    IMG_20220304_071038.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_20220304_071048.jpg
    IMG_20220304_071048.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_20220304_071100.jpg
    IMG_20220304_071100.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_20220304_071112.jpg
    IMG_20220304_071112.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 298
Hey, for the price of a phone call, I'd do it. Maybe show up with a case of beer when the contractor is there?
 
I think that is what happened at my parents old house last month - everything had to go - my dads lovely Marantz Imperial 9s - likely went on the trash heap who knows. I'm a state away and my brother hired people to get everything out of the house. Since it sold so fast.

Those Imperial 9s were something else - but at this point all the many foams were complete gone. Hopefully they were saved. I doubt it.

I'm glad there is no picture.
 
It's really bugging me. And, I've not ruled out calling the contractor. My hope is that someone will jump on these. If I get them, I'm inclined to get them into working condition, which takes more time out of my life. I don't believe in parting these out as they more than likely are functional, in spite of their condition.

The house has been undergoing renovation for a year. People are not always there doing work. But, I suspect someone might be there soon as the kitchen cabinets are sitting in the living room, ready for installation.

If someone on this BB wants to go for them, please let us know.
 
First off, That was a sad sight and I wonder what else they threw out. However, I would call the contractor and stop their destined fate..... I was at the range (Army) and I signed for the ammo and returned unspent rounds and brass. When my buddy noticed a dumpster full of ammo cans. We asked the guy there about them. We got along with this guy and said nobody was supposed to go in the dumpster but he would look the other way for a minute or two. We grabbed 10 between us. I never used mine and when a guy came to my house for speakers he asked about them. I said he could take them. When he was loading them up he said his father served as well and would love them. Somebody, if not you, can use those speakers. I would get them before it rains. I cleaned out my mothers house with a dumpster and a guy went in it to grab nick nicks and decorative stuff. I asked him to just be careful and I was happy to see some things not get put in the landfill.
 
Last edited:
When I first moved into my house in 1999, I drove to anther development and went dumpster diving for two by fours. I got pulled over by a Police officer and narrowly escaped getting cuffed and hauled off to jail

The dumpster is on private property and therefore belongs to the property owner and or contractor. If someone were at the house working, I would ask. But no one has been there in weeks.
 
This is not a joke

While walking my dog this morning, something caught my eye sticking out of a dumpster. I had a peak over the top and notice a pair of either KG4s or Fortes. The have the passive woofer in the back. One of them has a split seam along the top. I did not want to spend a lot of time there as I've been busted in the past for dumpster diving.

I've been fretting over this for the last couple of hours and just don't really want to mess with them. I have looked up the permit and found the contractor. I suggest if you want the speakers, it would be a good idea to call and ask permission to dive into the dumpster. If you don't get permission, it is considered stealing.

The house is located at 12480 Utica St, Broomfield, CO 80020.

The contractor is:

Jim Black Construction Company
12279 Pennsylvania St
Thornton, CO 80241
tele: (303) 452-8710
View attachment 2501532
In Canada anything thrown out as Garbage is free game being Public Domain!
 
You could try waiting until dark; then go with a friend who can park a block or so away. Reach in, grab 'em, toss 'em in the car and zoom off before anyone realizes you're gone.
 
Given that I have already embarrassed myself in the past, I'm not comfortable going on someone's property to remove something from a dumpster.

It is a two man job and a ladder is required. It's not a grab and dash type thing.
 
Given that I have already embarrassed myself in the past, I'm not comfortable going on someone's property to remove something from a dumpster.

It is a two man job and a ladder is required. It's not a grab and dash type thing.

I respectfully disagree about it being a 2 man job .... "Audio Adrenaline" is a scientifically proven fact :) ... I'm sure if came home and my wife had hired guys to throw my JBL Sovereigns in a dumpster ... I know for a fact that I could get them out by myself :)
 
I heard back from the contractor and it is the blah blah blah that I expected. They cannot give me permission. There were some if ands or buts after that. I think you can all figure it out.

I'm not willing to risk hassle with my local PD. So, I'm going to move on, even though it will be a bit painful.
 
I heard back from the contractor and it is the blah blah blah that I expected. They cannot give me permission. There were some if ands or buts after that. I think you can all figure it out.

I'm not willing to risk hassle with my local PD. So, I'm going to move on, even though it will be a bit painful.
I’m guessing a liability issue if you get hurt. A simple notarized waver might help. IMHO, call back and offer that, and see what happens. If I were that close I wouldn’t give up until I was told to buzz off.
 
Back
Top Bottom