• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sherwood S8900 assistance

special_20

Active Member
Does anyone have a manual or good schematic for the Sherwood S-8900(non-a)? Scoured the forums and a few people have intimated they might have one. Any chance you can share?

I have pics up on Imgur for your viewing pleasure

Long story short, I bought a unit knowing it had a bad channel. I naively assumed it was a bad cap and/or simple repair. Alas, I have a burned driver board. I think I can resurrect this beauty but I need your help!

A) what are your thoughts on the extent of damage: salvageable or do I have a doorstop?
B) does anyone have a manual to assist me in confirming values of burned components?
C) are any of you experts eagle eyed enough to help me confirm part values (and potentially modern substitues) from pictures of the good board and bad board?
D) anybody got a donor unit I can by a board off of? Board ID is AO31R29-1

Thanks in advance!
 
Register to hide this ad
I have no manual or experience with that model, but I'd say the board looks very repairable. I bet if you clean it up with some alcohol most of the burned area will clean up fairly nicely. Even with no manual you could use the good board as a reference to rebuild the damaged one. I'd definitely go for it.
 
Looks like somebody has done some transistor rolling. If you do go ahead, it will provide you the opportunity to match the channels.
Is it worth fixing? Yes
Is it going to be easy? probably not.
 
my 8900 has a constant hum when powered on ...plus at about quarter volume im getting very loud flutter and hum.......and after power switch turned off the meter bulb still stays slightly lit ......any thoughts on this ........great sounding reciever....would like to correct if possible.......
 
my 8900 has a constant hum when powered on ...plus at about quarter volume im getting very loud flutter and hum.......and after power switch turned off the meter bulb still stays slightly lit ......any thoughts on this ........great sounding reciever....would like to correct if possible.......
Mine does something similar, what was your fix?
 
Back
Top Bottom