Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html
I have cleaned my turntable and it looks great but the rubber mat is still dull, I cant seem to find anything that will clean it without leaving some sort of residue behind, any ideas?
I used WD40 on one once, wiped it down really well with terry cloth and after a day a two I couldnt feel any residue when I ran my fingers over it. Left it on back porch or garage and once smell of WD40 was gone it was good to go.
I have cleaned my turntable and it looks great but the rubber mat is still dull, I cant seem to find anything that will clean it without leaving some sort of residue behind, any ideas?
If it's for your Kenwood pictured they aren't supposed to be shiny on the top, they are a bit shiny on the bottom though, very nice mats. I put one on my KD-500 and it was a nice improvement over the original.
If it's for your Kenwood pictured they aren't supposed to be shiny on the top, they are a bit shiny on the bottom though, very nice mats. I put one on my KD-500 and it was a nice improvement over the original.
I used WD40 on one once, wiped it down really well with terry cloth and after a day a two I couldnt feel any residue when I ran my fingers over it. Left it on back porch or garage and once smell of WD40 was gone it was good to go.
I've never seen a shiny turntable mat that hadn't either been coated in something that it shouldn't have been coated with, or it was breaking down and oozing oil out of it. I just wash them with warm water and a bit of dish soap. Whatever it looks like afterward is what it looks like.
I think I have found the answer, let me first point out that I wasn't looking for a sickly gloss shine but more like a consistent matt black, I sprayed the mat with a silicone spray and left it out in the sun for an hour, then I placed it on a flat surface and thoroughly buffed it with a soft cotton cloth, the effect was exactly what I was looking for and there is no stickiness or residue left and it looks great.