• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show Me Your Sansui!

here's a closer shot for ya.
KDsansui2.jpg
 
yep, sad to say, not a whole lot remains of what i had at one time, but I have had some medical issues and have become disabled and so most of the luxuries had to be liquidated, it was nice while it lasted, at one time i had the 7700 tuner, the CA abd BA 2000's a 3110 tape deck a 9090(not DB) a pair of sansui sp-7700 if i remember correctly and the SP-X8000's you see in the pic, i only have the 8000's left now and they are running off of my Marantz 19 until i get some savings and can find a pair of Cornwalls to match it. The sansui was great don;t get me wrong, but t was more loud to me than pleasing and musical, and I can't blast my family and neighbors like i used to could, still in all it was some great stuff and wish I hadn't had to get rid of it. Maybe again someday if I can get a new heart. kUngdrew
 
correction, I had a 7700 at one time and what you see in the picture was the Tu 5900 i replaced it with, actually preferred the 7700 sound wize but looks took me elsewhere, should hae listened to my ear back then.
 
and here was the components in my living room when I first got them, so pretty!!!!!!!! I used to be hynotised by the VU meters, just found this pic so that was what got me straightened out on the model numbers, this rack holds Marantz gear now, but it is a great Yamaha double wide in walnut with smoked glass doors, goodwill for twenty bucks, awesome, huh?
sansuicloseup-Copy.jpg
sansuiBA-2000-Copy.jpg
sansuidark-Copy.jpg
 
Just fixed the lights of my TU-S33, I love this tuner. Yes, it has nothing of the build quality of a TU-217 for instance, it is all cheap plastic and thin metal, but still it tunes very well and sounds pretty good too. The red line, the green logo and the xmas tree led's, this is the eighties, for me at least, which why I probably love it.
:arrow:
 
Last edited:
My favorite, the 9090DB #2, all new driver card transistors, most caps, etc. BTW, you all have some nice Sui gear.
68147084_o.jpg
 
Whaleman: Nice looking 9090DB there! :thmbsp: But looking at those meters you must be hurting some speakers there :lmao:

Paul
 
Whaleman: Nice looking 9090DB there! But looking at those meters you must be hurting some speakers there

Thanks. You should see them at 100 watts, it is feeding the power hungry Bose 901, they will take all the 9090DB's juice but for my ear's sake I've only gone to quick 100-watt stints.
 
Thanks. You should see them at 100 watts, it is feeding the power hungry Bose 901, they will take all the 9090DB's juice but for my ear's sake I've only gone to quick 100-watt stints.

100 watts!?! I fried a perfectly good pair of Yamaha 2-ways with the project 990DB. Should I have known better? :yes: :nono:

Paul
 
hey Whaleman, hard to focus on the meters without looking directly into your crotch, try taking a picture without your junk in the reflection, just a thought. KD
 
It just dawned on me that I've never posted a photo of my system. It's a poor photo, but once I move the equipment and set it all up again, I'll take a better one.

On the top of the O'Sullivan rack in an El Crappo CD changer, a TU717, and an AU717. In the rack is a TU 717 (yeah, I have 2), an AU 719, an SE7, an SC1330, and an SC3110. Not in the photo are a recently acquired TU417 and an SC1110.

The speakers are a pair of Klipsch KG4s stacked on Pioneer HPM100s, Klipsch Cornwalls, with my son's DIY Dayton III's stacked on top.

I need more...................:thmbsp:

Larry
 

Attachments

  • Stereo System2.jpg
    Stereo System2.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 531
It just dawned on me that I've never posted a photo of my system. It's a poor photo, but once I move the equipment and set it all up again, I'll take a better one.

On the top of the O'Sullivan rack in an El Crappo CD changer, a TU717, and an AU717. In the rack is a TU 717 (yeah, I have 2), an AU 719, an SE7, an SC1330, and an SC3110. Not in the photo are a recently acquired TU417 and an SC1110.

The speakers are a pair of Klipsch KG4s stacked on Pioneer HPM100s, Klipsch Cornwalls, with my son's DIY Dayton III's stacked on top.

I need more...................:thmbsp:

Larry

Looks super and verrrrryyyy listenable!:thmbsp:
 
It just dawned on me that I've never posted a photo of my system. It's a poor photo, but once I move the equipment and set it all up again, I'll take a better one.

On the top of the O'Sullivan rack in an El Crappo CD changer, a TU717, and an AU717. In the rack is a TU 717 (yeah, I have 2), an AU 719, an SE7, an SC1330, and an SC3110. Not in the photo are a recently acquired TU417 and an SC1110.

The speakers are a pair of Klipsch KG4s stacked on Pioneer HPM100s, Klipsch Cornwalls, with my son's DIY Dayton III's stacked on top.

I need more...................:thmbsp:

Larry
Nice setup Larry. You need a Sansui SR-838 TT to go with all the other fine Sansui Gear. :yes:
 
HERE Is THE GEAR...& The Rare One...The Technics Sa-1000...

Here is my gear soon to be in a dedicted Listening room... My most latest favorite catch...is the soon to be serviced...and checked out TECHNICS
SA-1000
 

Attachments

  • 100_0812.jpg
    100_0812.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 634
  • 100_0798.jpg
    100_0798.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 502
  • 100_1238.jpg
    100_1238.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 475
  • 100_0811.jpg
    100_0811.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 581
Last edited:
My Big G

I don't think I've posted a pic of my beast in this thread yet so, here goes.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom