• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show Me Your Sansui!

Just one Sansui component...sadly...

All I have got is a Sansui QRX-3500 that I picked up for $15 in my local Goodwill that doesn't know how to price things (JBL 4311's for $35: see they really are dumb). I will post a pic when I can. I am just 15 and still starting out.
 
All I have got is a Sansui QRX-3500 that I picked up for $15 in my local Goodwill that doesn't know how to price things (JBL 4311's for $35: see they really are dumb). I will post a pic when I can. I am just 15 and still starting out.

Welcome to AK and Sansui. Nice starter receiver you picked up. And speakers too.:yes:

Rob
 
All I have got is a Sansui QRX-3500 that I picked up for $15 in my local Goodwill that doesn't know how to price things (JBL 4311's for $35: see they really are dumb). I will post a pic when I can. I am just 15 and still starting out.

Shoot...that's pretty darn good tuff and at a killer price. Nothing dumb there. I've seen those speakers go for ten times as much.

You're starting off just fine and welcome to AK!

Carl
 
Better!

Here we go.

Use your Crocadile Dundee voice, That's not a Sansui. THIS is a Sansui! :D
 

Attachments

  • Three power amps 001.jpg
    Three power amps 001.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 657
Just returned to my care after a 12-year absence....

Sansui TU-217 Tuner:

IMG_0411.jpg


And Sansui AU-717 Integrated Amplifier.

IMG_0413.jpg


I bought these both in college in 1980. The AU-717 came from Stereo Discounters outside of Baltimore, MD and the tuner from a stereo shop in State College, PA (Penn State). I loving blared the heck out of my rock and roll until I left these in the care of my ex- when we divorced. She never used them, and replaced them with a silver BPC boombox so through the good graces of HomerJSimpson (who I owe a debt of gratitude to) they got shipped back to me in Alaska from Virginia. I haven't seen them since 1996. And now they're home.....

I'm in love again ....
 
Just returned to my care after a 12-year absence....

Sansui TU-217 Tuner:

IMG_0411.jpg


And Sansui AU-717 Integrated Amplifier.

IMG_0413.jpg


I bought these both in college in 1980. The AU-717 came from Stereo Discounters outside of Baltimore, MD and the tuner from a stereo shop in State College, PA (Penn State). I loving blared the heck out of my rock and roll until I left these in the care of my ex- when we divorced. She never used them, and replaced them with a silver BPC boombox so through the good graces of HomerJSimpson (who I owe a debt of gratitude to) they got shipped back to me in Alaska from Virginia. I haven't seen them since 1996. And now they're home.....

I'm in love again ....

like others have said nice story and glad to see them back in your possesion.i hope to get a au717 to mat up with my lonely tu 717.
 
Here are a couple of my Sansui's.
I have just added a SR-838, G-6700 & G-5700 to my collection!
:banana:
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0021small.JPG
    DSCF0021small.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 348
  • DSCF0001_rack 1.JPG
    DSCF0001_rack 1.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 560
Back
Top Bottom