• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

I will try to use some of your guys previous songs for comparison.. Even though I know my system does not compare with most of your system's..



There were multiple surprises in this vid. First the music starts and I thought it was going to be a metal song, like a Metallica kind of thing. Then it went punk reggae! Then....you panned the room and the speakers are blue! Sweet! BIG blue speakers. Thanks for the cool vid.
 
As for you 4-2-7... "WOW"
I just absolutely LOVE your mirrored system..
Even the (non-audiophile) guys at work was very impressed , one guy ran out to buy some TED NUGENT..
 
This is about all I can squeeze out of my Samsung Galaxy note II's mic's.


Damn, damn, damn! Denten you took one of my least favorite MJ tracks from my least favorite solo album of his from the 80s forward and made it sound as if it came straight out of audio heaven. Two questions: 1.) How many watts per channel are served by the Marantz 2385? and 2.) which brand/model of speakers are you using to create such great sound? No pop music, performed by the King of Pop (or anyone else, for that matter) has any business sounding that good. Sheesh, the mic on the Samsung can't be all that bad... I can't wait to hear your next selection.
 
There were multiple surprises in this vid. First the music starts and I thought it was going to be a metal song, like a Metallica kind of thing. Then it went punk reggae! Then....you panned the room and the speakers are blue! Sweet! BIG blue speakers. Thanks for the cool vid.

I know I dug that one was pretty cool

, it's Rebelution...
I can't get enough of this new Reggae,,
Rebelution , Stick Figure , Pepper....
Nice vid I liked it a lot and your speakers and layout are very cool.

As for you 4-2-7... "WOW"
I just absolutely LOVE your mirrored system..
Even the (non-audiophile) guys at work was very impressed , one guy ran out to buy some TED NUGENT..
Thanks now I need to go do a Reggae vid, I do like symmetrical.
 
Now, that's what I was talking about when I mentioned vocal reproduction! Listen to Sinatra's voice. He literally sounds like he's singing in the room with you. (I know, that's a cliched statement, but the vocal quality there is just outstanding.)

I love those book cases, too. Very classy looking.

GeeDeeEmm
Ditto. It's as if he came over to perform posthumously. And I struggle to believe that amount of bass is being pushed via an eight-inch driver. The overall sound is astounding.
 
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but an L300/4330/4430 puts out as much/more than two L250s with greater dynamics. It seems that setting the speakers side by side like this would create lobing, and you would be better off just running a pair and turning them up by 3 dB.

Better yet..., get a fifth and do a 5.1 set-up! :naughty:
 
Ditto. It's as if he came over to perform posthumously. And I struggle to believe that amount of bass is being pushed via an eight-inch driver. The overall sound is astounding.

Aw, thanks! The EPI's are refurbished with new tweeters, new caps, new braces, and new polyfill. But don't overlook the kick-butt little Dayton sub-800 sub in the room. I run the speaker level wires to the sub, then out to the EPI's. It's an amazing little sub - tight, well defined, musical bass that compliments the EPI's, especially with jazz. I can't believe that fantastic sub was only $99.00. It's really working well with The Police right now.
 
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but an L300/4330/4430 puts out as much/more than two L250s with greater dynamics. It seems that setting the speakers side by side like this would create lobing, and you would be better off just running a pair and turning them up by 3 dB.

Better yet..., get a fifth and do a 5.1 set-up! :naughty:
You seem to keep trolling me to get a reaction, your post here doesn't make any sense though. Now lets see some vids of your oh so awesome system.
 
This is what a guitar reproduced via a home audio system sounds like. MJB1959, that sounds borderline divine via YouTube. I simply can't imagine what it sounds like in your actual space. Please post another video.
 
Aw, thanks! The EPI's are refurbished with new tweeters, new caps, new braces, and new polyfill. But don't overlook the kick-butt little Dayton sub-800 sub in the room. I run the speaker level wires to the sub, then out to the EPI's. It's an amazing little sub - tight, well defined, musical bass that compliments the EPI's, especially with jazz. I can't believe that fantastic sub was only $99.00. It's really working well with The Police right now.
Excellent refurb work on the EPI's, lokerola. If you're playing either Synchronicity or Zenyatta Mendatta, I'll simply go ahead and pass out now... I'm imaging the kick drum from "Don't Stand So Close to Me" or the ridiculous bass grooves on "When the World Is Running Down..." or "Voices Inside My Head."
 
Excellent refurb work on the EPI's, lokerola. If you're playing either Synchronicity or Zenyatta Mendatta, I'll simply go ahead and pass out now... I'm imaging the kick drum from "Don't Stand So Close to Me" or the ridiculous bass grooves on "When the World Is Running Down..." or "Voices Inside My Head."

HA! You must be reading my musical mind - cranking Synchronicity right now. Thanks on the speakers - they were my first refurb job and they turned out really well.
 
Here ya go...There's a ton of bass, but for some reason doesn't sound it, at least on my computer.



AR TX turntable
Decware CSP2 headphone amp
McIntosh MX110 pre
Dynaco MKIII amps
KLH Model 5 speakers
Ridiculously good, riding groove on the bass guitar and a drum kit (snares and kick in particular...) that sounds as if it was set up in your living room. I don't know if that's a solo Rod Stewart or Faces track, but it sounds great. Those Dynaco MKIII's are driving the KLH's incredibly well.
 
Last edited:
Diggin all the videos gents! Liked the blue speakers a lot! Great track that I'll have to get myself!
 
Ridiculously good, riding groove on the bass guitar and a drum kit (snares and kick in particular...) that sounds as if it was set up in your living room. I don't know if that's a solo Rod Stewart or Faces track, but it sounds great. Those Dynaco MKIII's are driving the KLH's incredibly well.

Wow, no offense, but you must be a young'un. That's "Maggie May", off of Rod's "Every Picture Tells A Story" album. Pretty popular, back in the day.

Thanks for your comments. I'm having a difficult time figuring out which speakers I like better between the 5's and the Cornwalls. Didn't think I would.
 
Wow, no offense, but you must be a young'un. That's "Maggie May", off of Rod's "Every Picture Tells A Story" album. Pretty popular, back in the day.

Thanks for your comments. I'm having a difficult time figuring out which speakers I like better between the 5's and the Cornwalls. Didn't think I would.
No offense taken, sberger. I turned 44 earlier this summer. I googled the album title you listed and noted it was released two years prior to my birth. The only tunes I've ever heard by Rod were some of his 80s pop radio hits (e.g. "Forever Young" from 1988's Out of Order). I recognized his voice right away but had no idea which particular track you were playing. All in all, your system as played in the video you posted sounds great, especially the drumming on now known to me "Maggie May."
 
Wow, no offense, but you must be a young'un. That's "Maggie May", off of Rod's "Every Picture Tells A Story" album. Pretty popular, back in the day.
Actually he was right in not knowing if it was Small Faces or Solo as that song was written and performed by Small Faces before Rod's solo carrier.

especially the drumming on now known to me
 
Actually he was right in not knowing if it was Small Faces or Solo as that song was written and performed by Small Faces before Rod's solo carrier.

The song was written by Rod. Never performed by the Small Faces. Rod recorded it specifically for the lp, and while the Faces all played on that lp, there were other players as well, including Mickey Waller on drums. The Faces eventually recorded a live version , and that shows up on the "Five Guys Walk Into A Bar" collection.
 
Back
Top Bottom