• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Simply Speakers OEM Advent Woofer

I'm in the market for a set of dq10s myself.

What really bothers me is the listing is headed with "upgraded capacitors". Claims that they're upgraded with polypropylene. I read "dahlquest" (sp?) on all those caps except for the far right capacitor which is blue... it's possible that one which is obviously tweeter capacitor might be polypropylene and not original but he makes it clear that the xo's are upgraded and that's simply not accurate.



Thanks for the help
Scottie
Those are 'upgraded' capacitors, but they were upgraded by Dahlquist (and also available as a kit for folks to upgrade their DQ-10s after the Mylar caps replaced all but the one 'lytic left in the speaker, the blue one that feeds the mid woofer.

I'm with you, I would not want anything except original woofers but changing the crossover isn't such a bad thing. Both pair of DQ-10s I have had came to me with originally installed (1 pair) and Parts Express refreshed 'lytics except the small ones for the super tweeter. They now have plastic caps in them and one pair has a nice Clarity cap for the mid woofer. Other pair sold so can't compare. There is a lot of info on the Dahlquist .io site showing the evolution of the crossover among other changes in the speaker over the production run.
 
Those are 'upgraded' capacitors, but they were upgraded by Dahlquist (and also available as a kit for folks to upgrade their DQ-10s after the Mylar caps replaced all but the one 'lytic left in the speaker, the blue one that feeds the mid woofer.

I'm with you, I would not want anything except original woofers but changing the crossover isn't such a bad thing. Both pair of DQ-10s I have had came to me with originally installed (1 pair) and Parts Express refreshed 'lytics except the small ones for the super tweeter. They now have plastic caps in them and one pair has a nice Clarity cap for the mid woofer. Other pair sold so can't compare. There is a lot of info on the Dahlquist .io site showing the evolution of the crossover among other changes in the speaker over the production run.
It's likely a little bit too late for me to do anything about it but I'm still in the market so that's terrific information I didn't know that I've never I've never heard of a speaker company offering a set of they're going capacitors as there's an upgrade So he was not lying though after all I ended up picking up the they ar-3's... Took a look at these... And just had a bad feeling.


That's for the crossover I mean oftentimes it's impossible not I'm fully on board with replacing caps anyone to believe the otherwise no I was making the comment that if original dog was these speakers came with or were designed electrolytic caps I would recap with electrolytics. Complicated at the same company itself offers poly caps as an upgrade it sort of defeats my whole idea that and I believe in sacred also though that when the speaker designer is voicing the speaker that they wish it with based on the components installed when they voice it.
I've never sold a set of speakers more than 10 years old that I haven't recapped... Nor have I owned or listened to I guess you can say as well.

Early appreciate you taking time to answer and I'm still like I said in the hunt so the information will not pick up with that set that I'll take with me moving forward! I am glad that I the guy like I said I treated me well before and he wasn't technically lying and now I know that he he really wasn't lying and what I didn't completely misjudge him.
 
Back
Top Bottom