• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sold on Yamaha!

cnh2 - not my experience with the CR-800, though I've not paired it with the Dynacos.
Trick is in using the variable Loudness control - set the Volume at the maximum you normally want to listen at, with Loudness at Flat (maximum clock-wise). Then use the Loudness control as your Volume control to lessen the listening volume as you wish...
 
i love my c-80 and m-80 set up. i basically added nothing to that except different speakers until i got my license and have been able to visit op shops more often :P when i was really young my dad used to play the cmc channel everynight through his c-80 and m-80 and his precious glorious NS-1000's. Once i was old enough and convinced him to let me borrow the m-80 i was in >: D ever since ive been trying to find some speakers and have even made some to fill the void that is the ns-1000's. one day ill have them. but yes, im sold on yamaha as well..
 
Sold over here:):
M-85
M-70
M-60
MX-800
CX-1000
C-2
C-85
C-65
TX-1000(x2)
T-85
T-80
T-1020
RX-1100u
And to emit Yamha Natural Sound a pair of NS-690MKII
 
Last edited:
I'm still using my 1992 RX-V992 receiver and it still sounds great.
I want to upgrade to a new Yamaha but the present budget says NO :(
 
I have more Yamaha gear here that you can shake a chopstick at.:D
 
I'm still using my 1992 RX-V992 receiver and it still sounds great.
I want to upgrade to a new Yamaha but the present budget says NO :(

The RX-V992 came out in 1992? When did the RX-V990 come out? 1990? My Grandfather bought his RX-V990 new after I was born (1995-say 1999) Do you know when the RX-V990 came out? I thought the RX-V992 succeeded the RX-V990, and the RX-V995 succeeded the RX-V992.
 
In the 80s I went to a high end audio store to buy me a kick a$$ stereo system. When I went inside I seen a McIntosh system that I instantly fell in love with. But at the time I couldn't afford it. I ended up buying a Yamaha system that included a M-65 C-65 EQ-60 and a T-1020. Well to make a long story short I still have that same system after 25+ years. And not once have I had any problems with it. Every year I pop the hoods on them and clean out the dust and thats it. IMO that was a investment well made. Over the years I have bought other yamaha pieces with the same results. So you can see from my story I am Sold on Yamaha. Oh and I still can't afford McIntosh.:D

Next time you're in there, check for DSBG issues. Dark brown dried up glue on the medium size caps (M-65) and any regulator transistors (C-65).

I have more Yamaha gear here that you can shake a chopstick at.:D

You couldn't swing a cat around here without knocking over some crappy Yamaha gear. :D
 
I've always loved how Yamaha's sound. Probably the best sounding receiver that I've owned was my RX-V1. I almost cried when it died. I'm glad to have picked up more of their gear.

I agree with phildoc about the RX-V1. I picked up mine at a local SA, complete with Owners Manual and orginal remote control for a nice price and have it doing duty down in the mancave and I think it is a phenomonal piece of audio goodness.

I would have it as my main HT rig if I could fit it into the tv cabinet I am using.
 
I agree with phildoc about the RX-V1. I picked up mine at a local SA, complete with Owners Manual and orginal remote control for a nice price and have it doing duty down in the mancave and I think it is a phenomonal piece of audio goodness.

I would have it as my main HT rig if I could fit it into the tv cabinet I am using.

Congrats, you must have gotten a great deal at SA on your RX-V1. They probably still go for at least 2-3 hundred. They're great sounding for surround sound as well, but a little dated. Lack newer formats and no HDMI.

Phil
 
I'm definitely sold on Yamaha thanks to you guys here at AK!

Current:
B2X
M2 (x2)
CX-1000
TX-1000
EQ-630

Previous:
M-85
C-80
MX-800
C-60
CX-630
MX-630
NS-500
NS-50T
NS-10M

Now if I can only find one of those NS-1000s at a decent price...
 
Last edited:
Quite an extensive collection there!

Haven't heard a B2x yet, how does it compare with my M-2?

cheers!
 
The B-2x and the M-2 are pretty close. I would say the B-2x is more detailed and the M-2 is more powerful. Right now I am using them to bi-amp my AR-9s. The B-2x for the highs and mids and the M-2 for the lows.
 
I have to agree with the OP, the dsp 2070 and my 3090 are seriously underrated HT amps.
They only rate 80 w a channel, but they easily out do bigger and newer and on paper better amps, onkyo's tx sv 909, and pioneer vsx 1017 and vsx 9100 are ones I have tried, and the 3090 kills em all.
I also love the beryllium tweeters, I ahve had a vareity of vintage yammies, cr820, r 700 etc etc all of which I love.
Cool.
Srinath.
 
Congrats, you must have gotten a great deal at SA on your RX-V1. They probably still go for at least 2-3 hundred. They're great sounding for surround sound as well, but a little dated. Lack newer formats and no HDMI.

Phil

phildoc,

I paid $75.00 for my RX-V1 when I bought it last year.

And just today, I picked up a very nice and clean example of an RX-1100U for $20.00 at another local independent thrift store which will be matched up to my waiting pair of NS-200M's.

I love my Yamaha stuff!!!!
 
I love my Yamaha rx-V992. Once the wife picks out a 3D TV I will start saving for a new Yamaha. The new ones are really nice with the built in wireless and HDMI switching.
 
Back
Top Bottom