• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Someone is dumping Maggies from a storage unit in NorCal

Register to hide this ad
$75 for tympani's! The other 2 for $50 are a gamble but $75 for tympani's , holy carp!
 
Yeah, that's definitely worth it for the Tympanis. Even if you have to send them back to Magnepan for rebuilding, you still got a good deal.
 
Just one working tweeter makes the tympanis a deal. with the available room and power, these would be worth the work which isn't hard.
 
Seeing the tympani without their covers on the tweeters makes me cringe like I do while watching fail videos on YouTube.

Good luck

Eric
 
Damn! I couldn't resist!

I've done business with this seller before. He was on AK at some point, may still be. He held them for me until this evening, the deal being I had to buy them all at asking price.

Tympanis have been on my bucket list. These are actually not too bad in physical condition, I'm assuming that none of the drivers work in any of them. But I'll dust them off and hook them up just to see what I'm dealing with before taking anything apart. After I see what works and what doesn't, I'll probably pass along the SMG's and I's, and focus on the Tympanis.

The seller has a couple of storage units up there with some pretty interesting stuff in them. I saw a pair of Quad ESL's and a pair of Acoustats, Dynaco ST35, Dynaco preamp, shelves of electronics and boatloads of other speakers. He will be putting together a list at some point.

Interesting evening. Time to start reading up on Tympanis.

bs
 
Oh my!! Keep us informed of your progress ...!
 
Fantastic! Hope my posting helped, always nervous to post here and "let the cat out of the bag." I'll follow your progress if you post about it here.
 
Fantastic! Hope my posting helped, always nervous to post here and "let the cat out of the bag." I'll follow your progress if you post about it here.

Thank you Johnny Law! I probably wouldn't have caught them on CL for another few hours at least.

bs
 
Yes, I was hoping to prompt an update from my neighbor to the South of my location

Well, this is getting better and better.

Plugged in the SMG's. They both work, all drivers, but a little bit of rasp in one of them. In my experience, that's lifted wires, an easy fix with the right glue (which I actually have lying around here somewhere).

Plugged in the MG1c's. They seem to work fine, all drivers working, no sign of rasp. So far I've only had them on at moderate levels. Tin foil in the place of a fuse on one of them, I'm guessing somebody didn't have the right fuse. Note to self - check all the fuses..

I'll give the Tympani bass panels a try at some point. The tweeter panels have the transport protectors on them, so somebody cared at some point.

bs
 
What about the other gear? Bring home any ST35s?

Nope. We were butting up against closing time for the storage facility.

I'll be waiting on his list. He's looking for a way to move a large amount of equipment, and I have an enclosed car trailer that I offered to him. So we'll probably be back in touch..

bs
 
Back
Top Bottom